Flew on a 737 MAX yesterday

John1

8 hours ago, Dope737 said:

In the first video, that FO didn't mention that on the second accident, the FO did do the correct procedure and turned off the electric trim thus turning off the MCAS.  But because of there speed toward the ground, the didn't have enough elevator authority to overcome the full nose down trim of the horizontal stab.  At a certain airspeed, the stab cannot be moved using the manual trim wheel.  

You are right Dope. This applies to all 737 models and not only the Max. The old 737-200 QRH actually had a procedure for this where the tail plane was unloaded, trimmed a bit, control column pulled back again, and the procedure repeated. Of course you need height to do this and preferable throttles not at full power. Strangely this procedure has not been in any of the later 737's QRH.

7 hours ago, Jack said:

....Basic flying principles at the beginning?..........

My thoughts as well Jack

38 minutes ago, Cheetah11 said:

You are right Dope. This applies to all 737 models and not only the Max. The old 737-200 QRH actually had a procedure for this where the tail plane was unloaded, trimmed a bit, control column pulled back again, and the procedure repeated. Of course you need height to do this and preferable throttles not at full power. Strangely this procedure has not been in any of the later 737's QRH.

My thoughts as well Jack

In the QRH at my company, that procedure is still written, but yes you're correct;  it takes time and altitude to do it.  

A couple fun facts:  The Airbus had a similar issue during flight with frozen AoA probes.  And the KC-46 uses MCAS as well to aid with center fuel balance and transfer.