A Retrospective of My 2021 Builds

Dpgsbody55

Now that next year has finally arrived, it's time to have a recap of the 2021 models I completed.  There were four builds completed this last year, down on 2020, but here they are starting with the first.

Tamiya Spitfire MkVIII, RAAF.  I always enjoy building a Spitfire, but this one had special significance to me as a very dear friend's father was with the Spitfire wing from the defense of Darwin to the end of the war, and my friend Tony and his father Bob are no longer with us, so this is for both of them.

ysGgLY.jpg

Ql4zd9.jpg

The blurred line between the light and dark green on the rear of the fuselage is precisely as this plane was in 1945, as is the thin white on the tail fin.  This plane is one of the first batch of MkVIII's sent to Australia and many were repainted at unit level in colours more appropriate to their area of operations.

c4MIyh.jpg

rXtrQ7.jpg

e8j2jP.jpg

Next is the Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage, one I've never built  before.  To this kit, I also added the Grey Matter engine bay resin kit, as well as the usual Eduard etch.

xK91Zx.jpg

AshJ6X.jpg

xztnPU.jpg

ttDCWR.jpg

AeRCWL.jpg

IrdUtT.jpg

The third build was something a little different for me, being a ground attack aircraft in the form of Zoukei Mura's Henschel HS-129B.  This was built OOB, with the exception of the Z-M/Eduard cockpit etch enhancement.  This was my first Z-M kit and a very enjoyable project indeed.

ijd1FZ.jpg

qpVyaq.jpg

J8Zrpj.jpg

Iw8BF6.jpg

dl9eI3.jpg

eNwPNI.jpg

PDRHRw.jpg

The last completed model was ICM's lovely Fiat CR-42.  This is my first LSP Regia Aeronautica plane and I wish there were a few more Italian WW2 aircraft kits in large scale plastic IM format, so I'm hoping there will be more soon.

q9Fkvw.jpg

TEE7Sd.jpg

BjVCdh.jpg

NtDxKv.jpg

yHKRRK.jpg

XJJFI6.jpg

I'm hopeful this the coming year will be as much fun as this last year, especially as there's some great releases coming.  Hopefully a couple more firsts for me too, like the HS-129 and CR-42.

Happy new year to all.  Cheers,

Michael