Tamiya P-51 $78 at HLJ

RadBaron

So, curiosity got the better of me. Here's a screenshot of the shipping options for the Tamiya P-51 listed for $78.05:

113-29.jpg

It would be nice if HLJ would offer something in between "under a week" and "1-3 months," but I wouldn't suggest holding one's breath in anticipation of the event.

Total was $113.29.

Not bad, but the Tamiya USA D/K deal appears both faster and less expensive.

Edited by ivanmoe

Thought that I'd update my experience and provide some shipping detail on the second model that I purchased from HLJ, a Wolfpack T-45 kit shown in the pic:

113-29.jpg

I should note that the Wolfpack kit is a rebox of the Kinetic Goshawk that includes some masks, decals and PE.

At any rate a fifth option was included, one for "Small Packet Air," 1-3 weeks, at $17.57, which was actually cheaper than the surface rate, at $25.82.

Can't really explain the vagaries of HLJ's approach to shipping or why the dimensions of the Tamiya kit apparently generated the USD amounts or paucity of options that I've shared with our readers.

BTW, the help section at HLJ's website explains that shipping prices aren't a reflection of THEIR actual cost. Rather the amounts are also based on handling and other considerations.

Edited by ivanmoe