2020 LSP Builds

Greif8

I had a record year as far as finishing kits; completing a total of nine models.  Following are the five aircraft I completed in 2020; I'll post the four non-LSP builds in the "Non LSP" thread for those interested in having a look.  

IMG_1432

Having previously only built one WWI aircraft, a Roden Sopwith Triplane, I wanted to build a few WWI subjects this year.  I have some WNW kits and pulled out the Fokker DVII (Early) to build first.  My 6 year old daughter has claimed it as her own because I quote, "It is pretty and has a snake with a dolphin tail."  It occupies a special spot in the glass cabinet so that she can view it from her height.

IMG_1679

Build two was also a WNW kit; the Albatros DVa.  My goal for this build was to try out the Uschi van der Rosten wood grain decals and try my hand at more complex rigging.  Overall the build turned out pretty good, the Aviattic camo decals and the black and white striped tail plane harmonized well with the wood grain look.

IMG_2205

My next LSP build was the first of two builds that I did for the "Battle of Britain" Group Build.  It is a I/JG27 Bf109 E-4 shown as the pilot and one of his ground crewmen prepare for yet another mission over England.

IMG_2439

A PCM Hurricane MkI was the other build in the BoB Group Build.  It represents a No. 257 Squadron Hurricane returning from a sortie during the battle. 

IMG_2650

My final LSP build of 2020 was yet another WNW kit.  This time it was one of the Sopwith Triplanes flown by Canadian ace Raymond Collishaw while he was assigned to No. 10 Naval Squadron.

Thanks for looking!

Ernest

Edited by Greif8

2 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Ernest,

.I love your models.  These Are Fantastic. 

Love the dioramas that go with it, and your bases are lovely too.

:goodjob:

They are all AWESOME. 

:bow:  :bow:

Yes I am interested to see the non LSP  ones too.

Go for it.

:punk:

Best wishes for 2021.

Thank you Maru.  I wish you all the best for 2021 as well.

Ernest

26 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

Ernest, I love each one and you are one of the best figure painters around here!

Happy New Year,  Tom

Thank you Tom!  I am actually working to up my game as far as figures go.  My newest build will have one that I think is my best figure thus far.  I am also working to improve my airbrushing skills, so hopefully the Fw 190 I am currently building will turn out as nice as the figure - we shall see.

I wish you a happy new year as well!

Ernest