Two new books by HMH Publication on Sept. 15

Nic C.D.

got mines too. 
The Mirage one is already being put to good use to model the retracting gears of the Kfir. Very useful pictures in there. 

The Skyhawk one is saved for that AF-1 project later on. I already learned a few things especially about the aerodynamic Slats of the scooter. love that picture of the hard turn with one slat retracted and the other out, pure inspiration for a in flight model :)

Thanks guys! We still have a lot of fun making the books - it's fun to make the photos (photo selection is a little less fun, going back from 2,000 photos to 350 is hard), doing the lay-out and doing the research, which sometimes brings surprises. Like those Skyhawk slats! 

Once my Trumpeter Harrier II is done, I hope to continue my work on an A-4AR that I started some time ago. I hope to build it in maintenance, with the nose folded open (twice) and the engine out. At the moment, we're especially happy that we made additional trips before the crisis started; all our trips and base visits of the last 8 months got cancelled... We've got material for about 5 more books, hopefully things will get better by the summer. Ow, and Jack; now that would be awesome, but I think getting a backseat ride in a MiG-31 would be next to impossible. And although I would jump on it, it would probably scare me to death too.  

I would love to post photos of models with our book on that aircraft, so if anyone has this combination, please post them here! Unfortunately, not all subjects are available in 1/32... imagine a Jaguar, Viggen, C-130, Mirage F1 or MiG-31 in 1/32!

Again, thank you to all who got one of our bookstand thank you for the feedback!

Nic

On 10/27/2020 at 4:02 PM, Michael931080 said:

Happy to say that I received both “new” titles today!

Absolutely stoked with what I have seen in quick page turning!  An absolute must if you are looking for true detail books like these on both the Skyhawk and the Mirage III Fighter.

From what I've been able to see so far, they are all quite excellent references, that's for sure.