Kitsworld 1/32 Buccaneer decals

Phartycr0c

On 5/8/2020 at 8:39 AM, Scotsman said:

Tigger - are you actually going to build it ?  my memories of it are a little hazy , but I seem to remember it needed a LOT of TLC to get it to even vaguely look like a buc 

I intend upon building every model I have so yes, whilst you say it vaguely looked like a buc I would disagree when built it can and does look like a buc. Have you built one and how did it end up? Would love to see it?

As an aside I’ve just received my decals from kits world. Whilst I don’t want to inflame a war of words or incite any keyboard warriors views I am going to ask if anyone else was disappointed with the colours of the decals especially the red and blue of the RAF roundal and fin flashes? If I am alone then I shall contact kits world and discuss it with them as I may have had a rouge sheet but am not sure this is the case?  The red is pink and the blue is purple! 

any replies with comments on this subject please keep them civil this is based upon my observations and my experience of having served in the RAF so I know the colours, added to which when compared to the real thing they are way off the mark, as I said it may just be my sheet?

regards

john

Edited by tigger

Well to update everyone I did receive a reply from Kitsworld which without any explanation or discussion offered me a refund if I return the decals after questioning the colours on the printed sheet. I have been in communications with several other members from here who have a sheet and experienced the same issues as me with the colours! It looks like the sheet has been printed with a very different colour to that shown on screen and the company stated (I never mentioned a replacement so I am guessing they are all the same?)

"These sheets are such a limited run and we have none left, so please return if not satisfied for a refund." 

I did try to point out the issues through several emails but the same response was always received which is a shame.

I shall be sending them back when I can get out to a post office but am stuck at home for another 7 weeks. 

its such a shame that this opportunity has been missed by a company who I have several decal sheets from and have total satisfaction with.

Again please don't shoot the messenger I did this off of my own back and because I was not happy with the colours and suggested perhaps this was a rouge sheet. It appears not.

I received my sheets today and have no complaints. To check, I compared with the decal sheet in the new Revell 1/32 Harrier release and while the blue and reds aren't an exact, perfect match they're both within acceptable parameters and don't look out of place beside each other. I'm definitely not seeing pinks and purples. The Revell red has a slightly more orange cast.

The decals certainly enhance the available options in my view, and the stencils are a godsend. 

I still have to unearth my magnifier to check the stencils for legibility, so can't speak to that detail so overall I'll award a provisional 95% rating and a 'well done' Kitsworld.

One thing I will offer though is that a .pdf of the placement instructions would be very welcome. As printed the accompanying sheet is quite dark and the illustrations are small, so a pdf allowing greater and clearer enlargement should be available on the website. The work's already done - so let it benefit your customers.

Edited by Chek

• 2 weeks later...

got a set myself and whilst sheets a and b were ok ,sheet c had some issues with the colour of the yellows on the sheet,being closer to mustard than yellow,a few emails later and i got a reply promising a replacement sheet c. fingers crossed that this is indeed a glitch in the printing process ! mostly bought it for the stencils ,still think we need a generic stencil sheet as im currently bashing together a tornado f3 and there are no stencils available for that!