1/18 Ta-152H-1

Lee in Texas

Moving the wing forward. This is more work than I had imagined, but it’s still fun. 

2v2EgK1h3xeZA4.jpg

This is a big beast. I had it at arm’s length and the phone pretty much on my nose.

2v2EgKpagxeZA4.jpg

Those stiffeners in the nose may disappear later on, but I felt like they were needed at the time. There were some huge gaps to bridge. 

I like what you are doing here. Are you using some smaller scale -190 wings for the extensions? 

Keep it up. I have one in the works as well, but as a standard “D”. But I will be adding a ton of details, making it look like it’s undergoing heavy maintenance.

Keep the updates coming. 

THOR, Wurger fan........

Yes, the wingtips are from Trumpeter’s 1/24 D-9. The idea came from an article by Alan Butler in the November 1978 Airfix magazine. He did it in 1/32 and used sheet styrene to extend the wingtips, but the general idea is the same. 

Now I’m going to make a slight hijack; I looked for a review of the Hobby Boss 1/18 FW-190A-8. I wound up here and read some harsh comments. I don’t care. I’m still going to build one and hang it from the ceiling. It will get the wine red nose, which I believe is incorrect, but stil looks cool. 

Hi Lee

when I look at your last pix, what i can say is that german camo is very efficient (lol)

very good job so far and i remember an article from an old modelling magazin (Airfix?) with the same subject but in 1/32

Thanks for sharing

Raf