1/32 Trumpeter Me 262 White 34

Zank_Frappa

Sup dudes,

I just got my Trumpeter 262 in the mail today, and I've decided to try to do a build log for it. I've never kept up with one, so why not try again? 

For this build I've decided to go with a sort of funky Frankenstein scheme, White 34.

5SBDawjl.jpg

I'm planning on using this as practice for various weathering techniques, because as of now I have rather limited experience. (Probably because I don't finish so many of the models I start)

I'll end this post with a mockup taped together as soon as I opened the box, because I'm still waiting on my aires cockpit replacement and haven't done much.

fm425Yvl.jpg

Edited by Zank_Frappa

• 9 months later...

It's been a while since I thought about this build, but I'm back at it. Classes were moved online so I'm back home and have a lot of free time.

Today I started painting the cockpit and IP:

28asVmPl.jpg

mcMmlVal.jpg

VRgTVcWl.jpg

I'm still unsure how to proceed with the weathering of the cockpit. The title of the thread says white 34, but I'm starting to lean towards Rudi Sinner's green 1, which I imagine would have been a much cleaner aircraft. So I'll leave it here until I decide.

I also glued the fuselage halves together along with the nose panels.

CyFIXbul.jpg

All of the molded detail and panel lines have been removed. This will be added back later. The plan is to show the subtlety of the filled panel lines.

Edited by Zank_Frappa