From F4U-1A to FG-1D

AceofClubs

Like Jennings said, it can be done, and early -1D's still used the -1A canopy, but I doubt any Salvadorian Corsairs were early style, or had not been updated. Much simpler to get the correct version, or if you only want to do one Corsair (can't believe anybody would only do one) you might find someone willing to trade kits in the Traders Forum. 

The lower wings are also different, the flaps at the positions behind the rocket stubs are specific to the -1D and there are some subtle cockpit differences I think.  I did not compare entirely but it looks like there are some variance in the cockpit.  Tamiya USA I think has both sets of instructions on line so you can compare the two.  

If you don't care and you change the canopy, most people are not going to know the difference.  The -1D still has a three blade prop the blades are different than the -1A.  Here are a couple photos of my -1D.  Tamiya kit straight from the box as far as configuration goes.  Just added wiring and markings from a.m.

DSCN1783 DSCN1755

Edited by cbk57

59 minutes ago, AceofClubs said:

Many thanks cbk57. Nice Corsair. No seams on wheels! Barracuda resin?

Ciao

Filippo 

Correct, I used barracuda wheels, cockpit stencils and some fine molds seat belts.(I do not recommend the seat belts, I just happen to own a set but they are not a great option and I would not recommend them.)