BX 32nd Albatross D.III

Guest LSP_Jay L

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Dave;

Very sound advice indeed. It was therapuetic at times, then very stressful when glue wouldnt stick and when the final wires were going on and I had to maneuvre around exisitng ones. But I got it finished in the end, and while it's not perfect ( where the wires meet the stretchers is a bit messy in a couple of places ) I am very pleased with it. I'd love to show you but I am haveing some serious difficulties with this bloody computer at the moment.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Guys;

Cheers for sending that Piet. I'll be lookinig out for it.

Jamie, I think the problem is with the website at the moment as I dont seem to be the only guys with the problem. I'll try it again now...

post-4-1134511729.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Ok that worked, now lets see if the joy continues...

I guess not. But at least I know the problem isnt mine as all of the pictures are identical and the first one worked...

jay, nice job! The whole WWI thing is so open for kitsand goodies, it is amazing. The best thing is ,for a new commer,the windsock series would be almost the only ref. needed to build really nice models. (even the wild Brit. stuff!!) :P I just picked up the DVII kit today for 50.00 US at a hole in the wall hobby shop, along with some other stuff!! :D this build probably had something to do with that! Right now I am enjoying some local New England brew, reading your article and letting you know the .45 offer is still on for the computer. (NICE, satisfying holes!)

Guest LSP_Jay L

Thanks Mike! I was looking at the DVII tonight and thinking how nice it would look all done up. Of course those Lozenge decals dont look like they would be too much fun!

hopefully another pic will work now...

Guess not.

Very nice build Jay! Quite a treat; sure hope you can post some more pics.

Regarding the D.VII, I've read elsewhere that the lozenge decals are somewhat transluscent, suggesting they could have an interesting effect with the proper 'underpainting' color. Would require some experimentation; fortunately the lozenge sheets can be purchased independently.

Good luck posting more photos!

Great work Jay. Just seen it this morning. Very well done indeed. Love the wood finish and the weathering. Would be grateful for some closeup pics if you find the time. There is so much detail I would love to see close up. Your painting is really way out. Great stuff!!

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi guys;

Thanks for all of the great comments! I really appreciate it!

It looks like Chris has added some more memory to the site and so I hope these will work! There are a few close up shots in there Brian!

Cheers guys,

Jay

post-4-1134547647.jpg