Favourite airbrush/compressor?

Pup7309

I've got a Sparmax GP35 "gun type" airbrush, absolutely the best one I've owned because it's very simple to clean, the gun grip seems so much more natural and controllable than the usual type (my previous was an H&S Infinity CR plus) and I find I can get the settings right easily for a wider or very narrow coverage.. The compressor is an Iwata Sprint, does what it says on the tin. 

Edited by mozart

I highly recommend Iwata.  In any event I would not purchase a cheap compressor again.  I used one for years and the problem with cheap ones is noise.  Also following the videos of Paul Budzic and his discussion of airguns, I did some checking and my Iwata is a two piston compressor with the capacity to run a small spray gun.  I used it for the first time on a Corsair I am building for my primer coat.  I found this laid down the best base coat I have ever done on a model which made for a better overall finish.  

I did not spray gun my primary coat because I wanted more inconsistency than the spray gun allowed for but it was amazing with primer.  So keep that in mind.  I think Mine is an Iwata power jet pro.  I think they cost in the range of $300.00.  Also keep in mind buying a good used one through facebook or ebay.  I was researching in case i needed to buy a new one and there are some good lightly used ones out there for sale.