F4U Canopy Help

John1

Somewhere on LSP, someone had posted a pic that showed the interior of the F4U's canopy - specifically the linkages for the release button.   I can't find this using the LSP search feature, if anyone can point me in the correct direction, it would be much appreciated.   I'm thinking about having a go at this on my F4U-1D build.

Thanks (in advance). 

Thanks guys.   A little more involved than I recall.   Will have to put some thought into this.  I think I can come up with something.   May not be exactly correct but better than nothing.   

Think this feature has been overlooked.   Don’t recall seeing it replicated on many builds.  

Edited by John1

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2018 at 6:31 PM, MikeMaben said:

One more ...

jrGmImK.jpg

So yet another question - were those two red handles at the base of the canopy present on all F4U-1 versions?   Dana Bell's pics don't show this area in any detail. 

41 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I think (I think) the red handles on each side are the ones that allow the canopy to be partially opened and locked in place at various points along the track.  The yellow one connected to the wires is the lock release to open the canopy when it’s fully closed.  The yellow handle is interconnected with the push button external canopy release on the left side.  Don’t absolutely quote me on that, but I think that’s what they are.

With America’s favorite team winning yet another Super Bowl, I’m shocked you would’ve been able to provide this info.   Regardless, Thanks very much for adding to my to- do list.     Way to go Patriots! 

9 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

What a snooze fest.  

I actually enjoyed it (not just because the Patriots won).   Haven't seen too many good defensive games this years, the game nowadays is pretty much just QB's wracking up scores on pretty much every drive.   This was a nice change of pace.  

Anyway, thanks for the info on those handles.  I figured they might be emergency jettison levers.   Regardless, I'll add them to the list.    This is going to be a decent amount of work but as I'm home recovering from last night's festivities, I've actually got some time for modeling.   I might have to approximate those pulleys, the space to mount them is very tight due to the mirrors.  We'll see how it turns out.