Gun Pods

rjones726

I have a question on the external differences between an Suu-16 and an SUU-23 gun pod. From what I've gathered, the SUU23 has an air scoop on top/front and a vent on the right side. Is there anything I'm missing? The eventual plan is to build an F-4C out of Da Nang in 66-67. I build in both 1/32 and 1/48. This one is the 1/48 ZM F-4C. There are several aftermarket Suu-23 pods available and I'm hoping to modify one for what I need.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Harolds photos were exactly what I needed. The vent is on the right side of the 23 and on the bottom of the 16. The 16 has no "intake" on the top. This is a 1/48 scale project and I couldn't find an Suu-16 so I picked up an SUU-23 from Wolfpack and I will modify it. On a side note...What the heck were they thinking by NOT including a gun on a fighter :) That's like having peanut butter with no jelly.

Harolds photos were exactly what I needed. The vent is on the right side of the 23 and on the bottom of the 16. The 16 has no "intake" on the top. This is a 1/48 scale project and I couldn't find an Suu-16 so I picked up an SUU-23 from Wolfpack and I will modify it. On a side note...What the heck were they thinking by NOT including a gun on a fighter :) That's like having peanut butter with no jelly.

PM me your email addy and I will invite you to my drop box folder with the details of both pods.