A 1/32 Mirage F-1 from …… Revell ???

SharkOwl

I built it on the long held premise that as soon as you scratchbuild something vaguely popular it'll magically appear as a mainstream kit just as the last coat's drying..   So guys..  I'm doing my bit for the greater good !!

:rolleyes:

Love those slim  hi-lift wings. Very similar to the Jaguar, but with an additional leading edge flap.

Any model should ideally include both retracted or extended options, just because it's an engineering marvel and a thing of beauty.

If only Kittyhawk would scale up their 1/48 scale kit.

And Kitty Hawk told me the will not do it !

This open the market for Revell or most probably for Italeri !

Lets wait and see.

By the way, their 1/48 Mirage F-1 kit is full of mistakes and it is a very long process to correct them.

There is some complete lists of correction needed about it on some french modellers discussion forums

and it is a quite scary listing.   

:popcorn:

SharkOwl 

And Kitty Hawk told me the will not do it !

This open the market for Revell or most probably for Italeri !

Lets wait and see.

By the way, their 1/48 Mirage F-1 kit is full of mistakes and it is a very long process to correct them.

There is some complete lists of correction needed about it on some french modellers discussion forums

and it is a quite scary listing.   

:popcorn:

SharkOwl 

Kind of the same thing with their 48th Jag. As Ive been told from Glen, the new 1/32nd Jag on its way in 2019, will not be a copy of their 1/48th kit, as I think the company recognizes there are a lot of issues with some of their previous kits in 48th. 

Good news for Jaguar fans! The landing gear arrangement on the Jag and Mirage F.1 is quite groovy.

I very much like the brace of new Kitty Hawk Voodoos which arrived on Monday, and would be very happy to see the F-101B kit scaled-up to 1/32. It's got a little bit of that Mr "Squashy Canopy" Song about it, as does that Jag., but only a very mild affliction compared to the Trumpeter A-7 kits.

Tony

Edited by Tony T