Jump to content

Uncle Les

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    34
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Uncle Les

  1. it was nice out so I left it out.
  2. I hear'em ! When the mojo's right....
  3. Cheers, it tanked in competition - but excelled in being noticed ! I've got to get the MB326 out there and it's taking longer than anticipated so once that's done and I see how it goes I might change my mind on doing something with the MB339 masters.
  4. Here's one I finished last week. brief build story : https://www.facebook.com/pg/uncleles1/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1687672618018678
  5. I built it on the long held premise that as soon as you scratchbuild something vaguely popular it'll magically appear as a mainstream kit just as the last coat's drying.. So guys.. I'm doing my bit for the greater good !!
  6. Thanks Hubert, re the Winjeel, no not as yet as some serious flaws in my master came to light. The wing root and chord are a couple of mm too thin horizontally and this has ramifications that require a rebuild.
  7. The model was entered as a composite - Revell Mirage III ( front end ) & Revell MiG29 (wings) plus scratchbuilt components... but the manufacturer part of the entry form only shows the major branding. Thanks for calling it superb ! - Les
  8. Wow, you didn't waste any time getting into it ! I recommend using the opaque vacform canopy supplied as a guide to getting the fit right and to act as a sort of mask for the coaming - but you'll work all that out. I'll watch your progress with keen eyes !
  9. ..and kudos to John Holloway for his excellent X-15 !
  10. It's already been said - your health is of paramount importance. Get well soon mate.
  11. That seat's a model unto itself fit for entry in any miscellaneous comp category ! You're certainly going the extra mile with this conversion. Bravo !
  12. Awesome build, I'm watching with great interest. How did you end up tackling the cracking leading edge issue ? Making the leading edge separately was a good suggestion I thought.
  13. Hell of an effort here. I'm watching with interest - keep it up Phil. Les
  14. Nice choice Rob, a man after my own heart ! The biggest hassle for me when I made this many years ago was the rear turret. I spent days combing supermarkets for a suitable product that had a clear cap of appropriate dimensions - I eventually settled on a Norsca brand deodorant that someone in my household could use whilst I nicked the top ! Of course, with the advent of the "build a Lancaster in 1/32" magazine model and the HK product there should be more options out there. I look forward to seeing your rendition of this beastie. more of my interpretation here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10207006203455788.1073741873.1300634609&type=1&l=ab4c7cdb67
  15. Now that's a Sea Venom to be proud of ! Excellent job.
  16. and finally here's my take on an aircraft I enjoyed immensely as mere queer trader.
  17. Moving forward - I tend to build fairly fast and didn't photograph some of the intervening steps so here we are magically with some markings applied The wing tip lights were made by inking a small vacform "bulb" was was encased in clear epoxy and then sanded to shape. Bang seats using some Mk3s I had laying around (thanks Eric Sujecki collection..) and we're pretty much there
  18. I spent a lot of time "under the hood" so I have a least a little knowledge of the plumbing !
  19. The vacform nose is seen here before the ribs were added A little more detailing work
  20. Many moons ago a younger Uncle Les wore a blue uniform and performed feats of technical interest on Bous, Macchis and more importantly, on this aircraft: This is the view from the instrument section window above the flight line. I decided I wanted to build a model of this very aircraft ( as I tend to do with others I've taken a screwdriver to..) and to this end I made a 1/72 resin conversion set, 1/48 resin fuselage replacement and more recently, a 1/32 one-off. Here's a bit of the story of the 1/32 example in a brief photographic essay: I decided I wanted to build an RNZAF Venom alongside the Mk35 using a Matchbox Sea Venom as a base - I also obtained a Tigger models Vampire but this proved to be rather expensive and disappointing - it ended up being an expensive canopy and mismatched parts that needed a LOT of work. Eventually I knocked up the sections I needed with plasticard and resin using scaled up plans from various sources. My take on the Goblin was using the Matchbox Ghost, casting up new cans and making a few mods here and there... These pics will show which bits of the kit I used and which bits were cast up - I made up one boom to suit and cast up multiples to cater for this and the Venom. I then whipped up a nose shape and vac-formed some nosey bits to cater for both the underside and the bonnet.
  21. Some excellent and inspiring stuff there. Thanks for posting the pics.
×
×
  • Create New...