1/32 SBD Dauntless

JasonC

Hi guy, was wondering if any one could help.

I want to build a large scale SBD Dauntless. I know there was a 1/32 Matchbox SBD-5 and it was re-boxed by Revell Germany a few years ago and I haven't been able to find one anywhere (I live in Sydney). Does any one know if this will be re-released or if there are other kit about?

Cheers,

JasonC

I got one from Hobby HQ Jason...it only cost me $20. ( All in Aus..Melb) Unfortunately it was one of the first things I got into once setting up to recommence modelling. As such I look back now and think of how much more I could have done with it. Ho hum...still it looks like a SBD so I can live with it.

I can also check out a few of my locals if you need it mate...let me know.

Cheers Matt

Ps Just checked... :D :( they are $35 + GST at the moment but are in stock...as is the Lyslander I noticed <_<

Hi guy, was wondering if any one could help.

I want to build a large scale SBD Dauntless. I know there was a 1/32 Matchbox SBD-5 and it was re-boxed by Revell Germany a few years ago and I haven't been able to find one anywhere (I live in Sydney). Does any one know if this will be re-released or if there are other kit about?

Cheers,

JasonC

Hi,

I dought that Revell will re-release this one in the near future again.

But that kit is on Ebay very much and doesn't fetch high prices just because of that fact.

So geting one should be that hard <_<

Perhaps one of the members got one FS.

Thanks guys,

I took Matt's advice and order one through Hobby HQ (also got a 1/32 Hellcat at a great price too!). Now to put together some more research material and a few aftermarket bits.

Thanks again,

JasonC

Thanks guys for the excellent info.

At this stage I'm looking a building a US Navy SBD-4/5 or maybe a midway SBD-3 using Jerry Rutman's backdating set.

I know the kit has a few problems and I'll try to fix what I can at my current skill level.

By the way has any seen or used the waldron set?

Cheers,

JasonC