Revell 1/32 HAF F-4E SRA

Hello Spyros,

As a Φίλος της Ελλάδας, I very much appreciate the work that you have done on your F-4E SRA model (I have many PA aircraft to model in all scales, so I am enjoying your work).

Best regards

Derek

On 5/5/2020 at 5:52 PM, Dutch Man said:

Looks really good. Just this afternoon I got my hands on the landing gears for a paint job. 

When the antennas come to the nose, it will go for a different Phantom story. Can't wait to see that.

Robert Jan

On 5/5/2020 at 6:15 PM, Derek B said:

Hello Spyros,

As a Φίλος της Ελλάδας, I very much appreciate the work that you have done on your F-4E SRA model (I have many PA aircraft to model in all scales, so I am enjoying your work).

Best regards

Derek

On 5/5/2020 at 5:31 PM, ROM said:

Hello

any update on this one?

bye

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Unfortunately, this project was a failure.

After spraying on Ammo's acrylic gloss and applying the decals I highlighted the panel lines with Florymodels wash.

This caused some weird chemical reaction creating a sticky surface which was impossible to remove.

I had to bin the model after that... :unsure:

I did some research online and found many threads that mentioned Ammo's acrylic varnishes were more appropriate as a final coat rather than protective coats for weathering.

I switched to Alclad's aquagloss and haven't any such issues since.

I'm currently working on another F-4 but with a different theme, JASDF's Black Panther's F-4EJ, and plan to do one more later, as a Greek one. ^_^

That is really sad Spyros - I hope that your original F-4E SRA is recoverable at some future point; however, i will look forward to seeing your F-4EJ.

Best regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B