EDay 2017 IMPS CZ 2nd place winner. WnW Roland D.VIb Royal Prussian Ja

karimb

Karim, I was in your neck of the woods, Dubai actually when you unveiled, stunning build..........

In all the time I have travelled around the Middle East never found a model shop, do they exist........

One day I'll try and emulate your build, yeah in my dreams........

First of all thank you for the comments buddy i am glad you like her....

Very good question. I can only attest to my home country which is Lebanon. In Beirut we have three or four model shops. One is a retailer of tamiya and hasegawa and has all the tamiya line of paints and tools and has a few 32nd tams and a huge selection of armor and 48th. The other has trumpeter and meng and carries mostly 32nd aircraft and all of lifecolor paints and AK products along with a huge selection of afvs. And the third which is more of a generic toy store has a section with revell and tamiya but no paints. Lebanon has quite an active modeling scene we even have the Beirut model show every two years with international modeler guests for demos and presentations.

Qatar has NOTHING. I had to ship my whole setup, my paints my tools every single thing from Lebanon crated by airfreight. Cost me an arm and a leg but well worth it since when i am not flying, i work at the bench. When supplies run out i just fly them in when coming back from Lebanon on a stint of days off, or buy them online.

My friend and our fellow LSPer Jaroslav used to live in Dubai and used to build there but he also used to fly everything in and he told me nothing was available there either...

Karim

Edited by karimb

That's so bizarre for UAE between Dubai, Al Ain and Abu Dhabi there got to be market for the odd modeller scatterd here and there.

Any ways maybe doing a little less travelling soon, so more bench time........

More bench time is always great to hear!

Yes i was and still am quite astonished that no one actually does any modeling out there except for a few of us expats and we're a fringe since we're willing to pay substantial amounts to "move" and sustain our hobby while working there.

Truth be told I consider it the best investment I've done. Hadn't it been for bench time while during my down time in doha i think i would have lost my mind

Superb. Those Aviattic lozenge decals really do make a big difference.

Looked at a friend's HPH Macchi M5. Just terrible, no wonder you moved on.

Dean thanks for dropping a word. Yes they do make a world of difference to be honest.

On another note the hph macchi was one of the biggest modelling dissapointments ive had for a long time. I referenced everything with photos and all and sent a complaint email to which they never replied. They only did after Jaroslav sent them an email in czech to which they sent out replacement parts. They should have honestly sent a new kit in itself as the quality I received when i bought the kit was honestly worse than a limited run garage kit. Ever since i keep staring at the walrus and the zlin and wonder if i will ever want to start on them...

Oh well

Karim.

570266dd633eba611dc485f29dbcc0211164525e

You're making us look bad.

Mate, do you like, drink loads of coffee or something? If so, how do you steady your hands???

Freaking awesome!

You're a modelling version of Jim Keltner! :)

tumblr_ng9ak42tnP1qalx0to1_500.png

Karim.

570266dd633eba611dc485f29dbcc0211164525e

You're making us look bad.

Mate, do you like, drink loads of coffee or something? If so, how do you steady your hands???

Freaking awesome!

You're a modelling version of Jim Keltner! :)

tumblr_ng9ak42tnP1qalx0to1_500.png

Dale!

The same Jim Keltner drummer that went on tour with Clapton in the early 70s? Bro that's alot of praise...

I do actually drink alot of coffee lol...steady hands i wish ;-) more like a lucky stint getting good finishes on the kits I've been building lately.

Thanks for dropping in my friend and leaving such kind comments!

Karim

Karim,

Sir.... it's RESPLENDENT ....

GORGEOUS ... a perfect build and you have built one HELLUVA BEAUTY.

:wub: :clap2: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Maru thanks for the kind comments. Eagerly awaiting your comeback from India my friend! It's great to see you active again on the forum!

Thanks Bill. Hope all is swell and youre keeping safe on your travels. Will pm you next week!

Only travels this week are to the court house for jury duty.

0-3 today, I'm probably too cynical to get picked for a trial.

Karim, your stuff is seriously bumming me out it's so good. Amazing.

Edited by Bill Cross

Only travels this week are to the court house for jury duty.

0-3 today, I'm probably too cynical to get picked for a trial.

Karim, your stuff is seriously bumming me out it's so good. Amazing.

Bill

Lol...

that must be an interesting experience... if you get picked after you're done with jury duty let me know if it is like in Grisham movies and all the legal thrillers i see on tv... Jury swinging and all that stuff

Thanks for the kind comment my friend. it's an honor to have you leave a word on the thread!