Maketar Masks

Night Hog

I know is sound s silly but I am having problems with Maketar Masks. Never used them before but the Canopy survival kit looked to be just what I have been looking for. Got the item in the mail but the mask cuts seem to be invisible. All I seen is a gray page with a few kinda visible cuts on it. How in the work can you tell what's what? Then once you can see the masking lines how do you remove the mask for use?. Does anyone know of a detailed tutorial for the use of Maketar masks?

"The only stupid question is the one you don't ask"

Hey nighthog. What you can do to see where the cutlines are on a mask (doesn't have to be maketar it can be even custom cut masks on the silhouette plotter when i do them at home) is to rub some pigments with your finger on the sheet and it will show where the mask cutlines are. To remove the mask i use the tip of an exacto blade just to lift a corner up and then i use tweezers to remove and position the mask. The method is applicable to all vinyl masks be it maketar or other brands!

Hope that helps!

Karim

Edited by karimb

Yep, most of the stuff used is Oramask 810, and with today's technology, the cut lines are SUPER DUPER small, and can render the sheet invisible. 

Karim and Dean have it, as you just have to either highlight where the cuts are or hold it at a certain angle in the light, to get a picture of where the cut lines are. 

First thing I do is to remove from the backing sheet the surplus material which isn't an actual mask or bit of one.  Usually easy to see then.  However, do beware of accidentally taking a mask with the surplus - take it slowly.

Took me ages to have that little flash of inspiration, used it a couple of times now on Eduard masks.

Hi Dick,

If you look closely at the folder wrapper that the mask came in you will see how the mask is cut. Take a phone photo of  the wrapper, enlarge it on the phone and lay the mask nearby so you can orient the mask to the photo. HTH

Mike Horina