F4U-1A Corsair

Monty Python

Yes and no, depending on the bureau number of the aircraft. The engine was changed to to one with water injection during the production run if memory serves. This was done late in the F4U-1A production and this engine was visibly different than the previous one. I don't know when the change took place but Dana Bell may know.

Hi Gents,

While I'm not familiar with the Brassin Corsair engine, I took a quick look online.  From what I can see, Eduard produced only one version of the engine, and that kit comes with the later, pressurized ignition system that was introduced on F4U-1A 55911 and retrofitted to earlier aircraft beginning in late 1943 or early 1944.  As such, it's not appropriate for the earlier 1942/43 aircraft, but should look pretty good on a 1944 example.  IIRC, Tamiya actually released the earlier engine in the F4U-1A kit, so you might find yourself trading engines between kits.  (Barracuda also released a very nice detail set to backdate your -1 or early -1A to the unpressurized system.

The water injection system was introduced on 55910, but (from what I've seen in photos) all the visible changes probably turned up behind the engine.

Cheers,

Dana