Special Hobby early war Buffalo available?

Anders_Isaksson

In fact it has not been re-released. The F2A-1 has never been released yet. It was the F2A-2.

The F2A-1 is a brand new kit (though i think the only difference with the F2A-2 is a pair of guns and the engine).

In fact it has not been re-released. The F2A-1 has never been released yet. It was the F2A-2.

The F2A-1 is a brand new kit (though i think the only difference with the F2A-2 is a pair of guns and the engine).

Thanks for clearing that up!

I wonder if the F2A-1 easily will let itself be converted to a later version such as the -3?

Will have to do some research, although anyone can feel free to chime in. :)

Thanks for clearing that up!

I wonder if the F2A-1 easily will let itself be converted to a later version such as the -3?

Will have to do some research, although anyone can feel free to chime in. :)

Not sure. The -1 and -2 are very similar, but the -3 has a slightly longer fuselage just aft the engine cowling.

That's a shame the Czech model kit is not available anymore. I was lucky enough to get one, and the navy blue-grey and seablue-intermediate blue-white scheme are very nice on a Buffalo. The kit also included decals to build australian buffalos. Unfortunately i missed a second one a few weeks ago on a french shop (it was gone before i made my mind...)

The lenght difference :

photo1g.jpg

However, the mains parts are the same. If i remember correclty the longer fuselage is just an insert or a longer engine cowling assembly, so it may not be impossible to do from scratch.

I just looked for review pictures, and could not find any. But the longer fuselage seems to be 1 piece, so i have to look at my kit to be sure.

Edited by Zero77

I recall the Finnish version had two sets of fuselage halves in it? Not sure if this is the right Mark for you Anders? (A-2/3) If you find a kit and the wings will work but the fuselage is wrong and the RAF version fuselage will work, let me know I think this is the extra fuselage set in the kit I have.

Troy

• 2 weeks later...