1/24 Airfix Mosquito WIP.

danimalmagic

Hi all, I am a day late with this week's update as I wanted to get the decals on and I did not finish that until yesterday afternoon. 

I started off the week with painting the bomb, gun bay and landing gear doors, these have all had a simple colour wash and then fitted to the fuselage. With them ready I could assemble all the parts that make up the bomb and gun bay. 
102_5109.jpg
102_5108.jpg
Next I assembled the 4 guns in the nose, finished again with a wash, still a little finishing needed on the recesses in the magazine feed chutes. 
102_5113.jpg
Next we have the cover for the nose guns, this is a really nice fit and can be left in place without glue giving another option on how to display. 
102_5120.jpg
This cover just needed to be sprayed as per the colour scheme. 
102_5127.jpg
A minor but annoying issue to fix are the pin marks on the propeller spinner hubs, these actually are quite visible so I have sanded each of the two hubs to remove them. 
102_5129.1.jpg
Next and the last thing for the week was the addition of the various decals, this always takes me a while to do as you need to use setting solutions to get the best results from the decals and this requires a bit of care. 
The Airfix decals are quite thick to say the least but they were eventually tamed with a few coats of Microsol/set. happy.gif
102_5153.jpg
102_5154.jpg
That basically completed week 8 and we now have something that is really looking like a Mosquito. 
102_5152.jpg
102_5151.jpg
102_5146.jpg
102_5144.jpg
This just leaves me to do the finishing this week and that is the completion of the cockpit, canopy and engine side panels and lastly the application of some pin washes to bring out the surface details. 

Hopefully the model should be completed by the end of the week. 

Very last bit of the WIP, I will be posting the completed project on RFI shortly.

I took a bit of time with the canopy, I gave it a good polish with Tamiya polishing compounds before masking, masking itself took a while. winkgrin.gif

102_5171.jpg

But all the effort was worth while, once fitted I gave it another polish, canopy is a nice snug fit.

102_5221.jpgThe RPG were a bit of a paint as they were in two halves and the seam was a bit of a mess.

102_5224.jpg

Thats about it from me, just got to do the final update for the customer then i am done.

Thanks for looking.

• 5 months later...

Danny,

I have been following this

Very pristine,impeccable build and quite methodical too.

Excellent and Exceptional detailing is ultra superior..

your client will be ecstatic to receive it.

it's a really STUNNING looking Mosquito ...

waiting to see More.

KUDOS :wow: :clap2: :bow:

Thanks, I finished the model months ago and posted on ready for inspection.