F-15E --- 1/32 --- Tamiya

If i`m not mistaken, you talk about this panel (with the green arrow)

photo_1_2.jpg

I was thinking about covering it with a photo etch piece, but i cannot find one with the exact width, so i decided to make it with a thin plastic sheet, but then i thought that it would be impossible to engrave it as if it was a photo etch piece. Then i decided to leave it like that.

But now when you tell me that the rivets are covered - i`ll definitely figure it out with a plastic sheet or with some CA glue onto the rivets. And to ask about the upper piece (with the white arrow) - is it the same case with this panel too? 

Hi, Zero 77, thanks thanks, it`s quite a journey in my case, i`m doing it from time to time... and i will probably soon start to build another kit, but in 1/48 scale, alongside with this beast, and for the 1st time i plan to post photos only of the finished model. I saw plenty of models shared directly in the sections for finished models... so i`ll leave it as a surprise :) I hope it will turn into a beautiful surprise :) In other words, this F is nearly 20% from completion and it will take a whole eternity for the complete completion, in my forecasting opinion :D.

Btw what you mean about your F? I remember that i saw your theme and the Eagle was finished, painted, gorgeous, gorgeous. Can you share a link to your unfinished F?!

Ok, so i still have a few months. :)

I have to finish the exhausts (they are wrong, too long, they are the unmodified Flightpath PE exhausts, but too bad, it's too late now to correct them without destroying everything) and the bang seats. And the guiding heads of the bombs.

Otherwise it's done.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=47075&page=10

When i see how long it took to me, while i was building it almost out of the box (only an Avionix cockpit, PE exhausts, and a few Wolfpack parts and a very few home made modifications), i think you work quite fast !

Edited by Zero77

Hi Milan ;)

I  saw your nice detailing of the wings - rivets, panels, etc. Very nice indeed :)

I just thought, when i saw the real jet, most of the rivets were putting and sanding after that.

So if you want, you can sand lightly the wings just to allusion the rivets and panels on it, like that:

nui4i4hreumwb9jky6sj.jpg

Shawn, the kit is very god, all fits perfectly, i just make some small adjustments if needed. The MLG doors were a real challenge.

Shelby, 10x for the awesome photo! The rivets - that`s exactly what i plan to do, but after the wash ;) First painting and then a wash with different colors (mostly white, but also black and rusty reddish), and then sanding to seal the wash inside the tiny holes of the rivets.