1/32 pre-WWII pilot figures??

Johnnycrash

Hey gang,

Is there any good 1/32 pre-WWII pilot figures?? This is for What-If builds (pics below). Just a nice sitting (some standing would be nice too) figure, and separate arms and head would be great, but not a deal breaker. If I have too, I'll but a complete kit, but... If someone has some, maybe I could just borrow them for a little while??

I found Master Box out of the Ukraine that seem to make some nice figure sets for a reasonable price, but most of the better sets are 1/35. That would work, they would be just smaller people. Hey, we ain't all 6' tall. :doh:

FYI: That is a Monogram 1/24 Indianapolis Racer mated with Monogram 1/48 Mosquito wings, creating a 1/32. ARF-1 (Alternate Retro-Future)

ARF-01.jpg

ARF-02.jpg

ARF-03.jpg

Thanks for the pointers guys. I am NOT a figure guy (although I do have figures in my product line - I didn't sculpt them :-)) I had no idea where to even begin. Those figures from Wings in the UK look good. But at £15 w/o the S&H... Ouch!!

Can't help you with the figures, but your creation does indeed look pretty cool! Great work.

Thanks. I need more parts to continue... Too bad my Wanted post got removed.It's FOR a 1/32 build?? I guess asking for anything other than 1/32 parts is a big no-no. A little hair splitting on the rules if you ask me. But hey, it ain't my sandbox so...

This was my response to a post in my removed Wanted post wondering where it was going...:

There is going to be (hopefully) 5 different ships or so, from 3 maybe 4 different manufactures (of the era - Lago-Talbot/Nieuport, Alfa-Romeo/Macchi, BMW/Fokker...) <- Or something like that - To be determined.
They will have variants within each model (A, B, C, Mk I, Mk II...), single seat, dual seat, quads, And maybe military versions as well.

These WILL be kits (with options). If things go well. As for when... Ain't got the damnedest clue. :shrug:

I was looking at sticking delta wings (1/32 wings from the Kanagam(sp?) F-16XL) on 1/24 cars (Lambo Countach). But I never got far on it. I must say that that is in fact not MY creation. A friend created that, I was taken by it, and asked if I can turn it into a kit. He said yes, but that it would be easier to start from scratch, than to chop that build up. Hence the need for more parts. We changed it from 1/24 to 1/32 to give the car part a little more substance. The base cars we are using are on the smaller size (compared to today's cars).

We agreed on 1/32, no RADIAL/jet engines (only in-line engines), mostly open cockpits, and so far, only twin engines, and then start as CIVILIAN craft. The Great War ends quickly, a soldier named Adolph is KIA, so a second great war never happens.

Edited by Johnnycrash

There are a few interesting pilot figures that may fit in the 1930's timeframe. Industria Mechanica makes some female pilots for their wild and crazy insect based craft in 1/35 scale. Maybe a bit too small for 1/32, but in the cockpit it may be OK. They also make cats and birds to the same scale, plus all sorts of wild and crazy stuff... fish shaped submarines and steampunk inspired cars in 1/35 that may be close enough if you like their shape.

https://industriamechanika.com/shop/20-1-35-scale

Master Details does a USN pilot that also works between the wars, and this one is 1/32:

http://masterdetails.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=15&virtuemart_category_id=6&Itemid=151

Master Casters' RAAF pilot from WWII looks cool enough to fit in almost any era near that time:

http://www.mastercasters.co.uk/product-range/1-32nd-scale-detail-sets/

If you want some famous personalities, Kings Road Figures does some more expensive metal cast figures of Lindberg, Earheart, Howard Hughes, Jimmy Doolittle and my favorite, Bill Hopson, the self proclaimed "Bum Pilot" from a famous 1920's airmail photo.

http://kingsroadminiatures.com/figures.htm

I really like your idea, and can't wait to see the wild and crazy creations you will come up with.

Tnarg