WWII Colorized Photos

Harold

I look through those images and wonder about things like, did this GI make it home? Or what are the chances that Garand or the 1911 in the photo is one of mine?  Do I know any of their relatives?  Are any of them my relatives?  Its really a strange feeling looking at color photos from so long ago during one of the worlds darkest times.

Harold,

These photos are quite poignant to look at as they

bring home that there were young men who probably didn't make it home to their lived ones.

BUT seeing these photos one can see how they were... loved Cake Decorators et al.

GLIMPSES of war are never easy to see but I look at them and thank those who gave ME MY freedom..

so to people like Ernie,Harvey et al THANK YOU for your SERVICES..

:bow:

I agree. I have a few personal photos my mom left me. Some are of my dad in the SEABEES, bouncing from one island to another until landing on Guam. He told me the story about seeing the B-29s for the first time. The guys were amazed at the size and fact that they were new shiny aluminum. They KNEW the war was over when they saw them land.

They are nice to look at.  However, that being said, I wonder how long it'll be before someone starts claiming that they're contemporary color photographs and using the colors  therein to justify accuracy of any given shade in any of those retouched photographs.  It's gonna happen...sooner or later.  In the past, people have relied on colorized photographs only realizing too late that their assumptions were incorrect (usually after having been shown a black & white original).  They've even been used in books...  a title of one escapes me at the moment but there is at least one I remember hearing about.

Edited by Juggernut