Model Aircraft on Display, 1943

RBrown

:whistle:  if you click on the blue wording  within the link below telling you about where it was suspended , it takes you to further link and goes into detail and shows further photos.

http://makezine.com/2010/08/27/visualizing-american-air-power-with/?utm_source=sumome&utm_medium=aolmail&utm_campaign=sumome_share

Thanks Maru for the additional info ,OP edited to reflect Chicago and not Los Angeles...

Very cool!

In high school shop class during the war my dad and class mates interested in modeling carved solid recognition models for use by the military.

He set me down one afternoon and from the corner block and a slat from a peach crate he carved a P-51B and it looked just like one.

Barry

Very cool!

In high school shop class during the war my dad and class mates interested in modeling carved solid recognition models for use by the military.

He set me down one afternoon and from the corner block and a slat from a peach crate he carved a P-51B and it looked just like one.

Barry

When I was young my dad gave me his box of carving wood blocks and a few uncompleted recognition models.  I still have the guidebook given out by the government about what and how to carve the planes. We carved on a few but mainly built Guillows kits.

Rick