Minicraft 1/144 Pan Am Stratocruiser

LSP_Kevin

Thanks, Ron. There appears to be a bit of variety, from the photos I've been looking at. Here's one that shows what I mean:

props2_zps0jkdkbvt.png

Black blade base, 2/3 leading edge strip, and evidence of the maker logo on the furthest prop. No evidence of any warning stripe at the tips. I've just noticed how wrong the kit wheels are, too, compared to photos of the real thing!

One thing this build has done, though, is really whet my appetite to tackle the 1/72 scale kit (in more-or-less the same livery).

Kev

I see what you mean.   I think the Pan Am one looks like the BAOC one but i wouldn't be surprised if there was a hodge podge of combinations.  Maybe do two props like above and two like the other version? (joking).  You have photo evidence that both were used.

No problem, Kev, glad I could help. In the side shot of the Strat above (with the two stewardesses), that's the first of apparently two Clipper America ships, the latter being eventually renamed Clipper Australia, as per the chart above.

No problem, Kev, glad I could help. In the side shot of the Strat above (with the two stewardesses), that's the first of apparently two Clipper America ships, the latter being eventually renamed Clipper Australia, as per the chart above.

Yep - that's the one I'm building! The LU sheet has all those names on it, plus both sizes of globe for the tail. I'm just daydreaming now about how good this livery would look in 1/72 scale...

Kev

Yep - that's the one I'm building! The LU sheet has all those names on it, plus both sizes of globe for the tail. I'm just daydreaming now about how good this livery would look in 1/72 scale...

Kev

It would look awesome. Who does a 1:72 Strat?

Never mind, I see that Academy does one.

Yep, nestled in my stash and waiting. Should look great next to my Qantas Connie in 1/72! Only problem is, I haven't built that yet, either... At least I have decals for that one; the 1/72 Pan Am Stratocruiser ones are proving a bit more elusive. I remember coming across some at one stage, but for some reason I didn't bite. Probably broke at the time (guaranteed, in fact!).

Kev