Marks Typhoon

Mark M

I think I need a bigger base

temporary_119.jpg

Looks great so far!    Id be tempted to get the model canted a bit on the base...............if its angled a bit, I think it would draw more attention and look better overall, as apposed to head on aligned with the base................JMHO, but one of Shep Paines bible dio chapters is on how to get the model situated on  the base for max visual interest.............and one of his main points was to never fully align the model on the base, nor have any run-ways, walkways or grass areas align with the base sides either.  With the model canted more, there will be less overhang of the wings................which Shep points out is all good too...............I think you just wouldn't want TOO much overhang.

Either way, the model is looking terrific!   I too like the gizmology/busy/structural it looks at this point

Edited by Out2gtcha

Thanks chaps, I will angle her but.. I have a feeling she will be too long but hey ho no rush

If your at all interested in dioramas, you might give some serious contemplation to Shep Paines book "How to build Dioramas".   The book was written long before I ever got into serious modeling back when I was a kid, and I literally wore out the book. The spine let go, and the pages were so worn it wasnt even a book anymore. I recently picked up the 2nd addition release of it, and its JUST as I remembered....................chauk FULL of some of the best model building and figure painting I have ever seen.

WELL worth the scant money they want for it

Original I wore out:

BuildDioramas.jpg

New re-release I purchased:

how_to_build_dioramas.jpg

well i sprayed the bottom, then thought id get the white tac and and roll some sausages for the camo...... but i cant find it!!!! i have a sneaking feeling a small person has borrowed it for his school project

so.....

free hand camo 

DSCF3568.jpg

DSCF3567.jpg

DSCF3566.jpg

I love how Airfix did the "panting" of the sheet metal. This is IMHO  a requirement on a large scale model and sort of the "holy grail" of mold making technology.

Looks really neat!

david

Edited by David Hansen