Elboogie

Academy UH-60L DAP Black Hawk

While almost everything is attached to the helicopter.

Except for the munitions.  I am waiting for stuff to set on the helicopter and then I will start working on the guns and other stuff.

This has been my longest build to date (since December of last year) so I am glad you guys are along to help me.

I started working on my figure that I am including in the model.  It is Legend productions Sgt. Rob (18 bravo) in Iraq.

The first thing that I did when I opened the package was ask myself, what did I get myself into?  I love the details on this figure.

So after everything is detached from their resin base, the arms didn't match together.  It was something that I anticipated.

So I grabbed the Milliput and proceded to fill in the gaps on the arms.

20150525_220821_zpsav06o5qs.jpg

20150525_220800_zpsy0ffhiuv.jpg

20150525_220728_zps3aucdmiw.jpg

20150525_220716_zpsxckxgzgx.jpg

Of course when the milliput cures, I will sand the milliput to shape and then I will add on the hands and weapon.

I hate the weapons because they are so small.   lol

Richard

Very nice build :yahoo:

As for the rotors: **** happens :( ...

OK, I've started to muster the helo kits in my stash :whistle:  Because of your build :punk:

- dutik

Ralph use a q-tip dipped in water to blend the milliput. Before it cures. That will reduce your sanding. Apart from that it looks great

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Ralph use a q-tip dipped in water to blend the milliput. Before it cures. That will reduce your sanding. Apart from that it looks great

Cheers

Yeah I did that exact thing for the milliput.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I think it will look ok when I am done sanding it.

Richard

Very nice build :yahoo:

As for the rotors: **** happens :( ...

OK, I've started to muster the helo kits in my stash :whistle:  Because of your build :punk:

- dutik

Pull it out of the stash.  This is my first helicopter and since I have been building this Black Hawk, I have acquired 3 more helicopter models that I plan on doing.

Helicopters are a little different but I like them. 

Richard

Yeah I did that exact thing for the milliput.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I think it will look ok when I am done sanding it.

Richard

I was checking out your work on my phone. It looked different :hmmm:

Cheers

Here's a little story:

So I am working on my model and my wife comes up to see what I am doing.

Now naturally, I always ask my wife how my model looks after weathering happens.  She is the greatest person to ask her opinion because of two reasons.

#1.  She will tell you the truth.

#2.  She doesn't know what the helicopter should look like and has no interest in planes or helicopters.  

So I figured I would ask someone who doesn't know what the helicopter looks for their opinion.

Now most of the time she is happy with the model so far and she always compliments me on my build.....

BUT.....

This time she looked at the diorama first and she thought that was excellent.

Then she looked at my Helicopter and she just stared at it.  Then she said......

"Looks Incomplete."

I looked at her with a confused look on my face.  Then she said, "the model looks incomplete.  The bottom of the helicopter looks good but the rest of the helicopter looks like it just came out of the factory."

I looked at her with a look as if to say "what the hell does she know about something coming from the factory?"   LOL

She just said that the top of the helicopter looks pristine almost new,  and the rest of the helicopter looks like it has been there for a while.  Her words.

She is absolutely correct.

So I looked at the helicopter and it does look to "pristine"  lol.

So I broke out the Europe Dust pigment and started to do the panel lines.  Now on the pictures, I don't know if I have enough light to show you guys but here they are:

20150526_200053_zpsezehgeri.jpg

20150526_200206_zpsqjmnwkya.jpg

20150526_200215_zpswfyjappo.jpg

I wanted to add the Europe Dust very lightly over the Helicopter.   Now I asked my wife, now how does it look?

She came over and took a look and said, now it looks complete and in use.  Then she looked at my diorama and said she doesn't like the concrete blocks.  So I was thinking about doing better ones.

20150526_201752_zpszn89ctlq.jpg

Then she went back to her computer.  Gotta love the wife.  She keeps it real.

So I started to add my tail rotor to the helicopter. 

Now the tail rotor.  You know when you do a project and something really looks good?  The airbrushing and the silver dry brushing.  To me the tail rotor is the part that I am most proud of out of the whole helicopter.

20150526_200116_zpso3vlfzhu.jpg

Then I started to add the swivel arms to the miniguns:

20150526_200124_zpsl0rcjqua.jpg

I have another problem that I think I am going to run into, but we will see.  IF I run into the problem, I will let you know.  lol

Richard

Cheers

How does it look different?

Is it because you are viewing thru your phone?

That is strange.  I am a IT person with sprint, and I know that when I look at LSP thru my phone, some peoples build looks a little different than when I am viewing thru my computer.

Strange.

Richard

One question.

The Disco ball.  When the helicopter is on and all started up ready to take off, does the disco light turn on and turn a brighter color, or does it stay the same color through out the flight?

Richard

Cheers

I think I know what you are looking at.  The right shoulder of the soldier looks too low.  I looked at it from different angles.  When I look at the right shoulder and tried to attach it, it was in the right position, but there was a wide gap between the arm and the torso.  But as I do more figures, (this is my 2nd) I will become better with molding the part that was missing.  At least that is my hope.  lol

Richard

Rich,

I usually ask my wife to check on my painting, sometimes a fresh set of eyes help.

Oliver

Yeah, the problem with my wife is that she is usually correct.  lol

But yes a fresh set of eyes do help.

Richard

So I added the lights to the step sponsor.

But I got a message from Erick stating that the lights on the step sponsor should only be painted half way.  The rest of the lights should represent the color of the Helicopter.  Thanks for that important info Erick.

Left side of the step sponsor with a red light.

gear_zpsqxqgaxg1.jpg

Rightt side of the step sponsor with a blue/green light.

DSC_8351_zpsear3gesf.jpg

So I did the same with my helicopter.

The Nato Black is still wet in the picture.

20150527_145427_zpsmmvvl214.jpg

20150527_145443_zpszvxpheqe.jpg

Thank you Gino and Erick for keeping my head straight and keeping up with the parts that I did not paint yet or forgot to paint.   lol

Richard

The ammo for the chain gun looks almost brown colored.  It must be the extreme light that I have on that picture.

But the ammo is painted MM Gun Metal with a silver dry brushing.  I looked at the picture of the step sponsor and I thought the ammo looked strange in that light.

Richard