Pfalz Pfinished!

Wolf Buddee

Hi, WilliamJ

Our Aviattic Roland sets have the tapes on the decals so I'm a bit puzzled as to what you mean? Our individual lozenge sheets are bolts only so have you bought those?

We now produce all our lozenge sheets on "white decal" backing for cut into strips for rib tape application - all listed on the website - email me if you need some assistance....

sales@aviattic.co.uk

Looking forward to seeing this Pfalz finished, Wolf!

Regards, Richard

Thanks Richard....Yes they do have the tape strips,light grey on the faded 4 colour lozenge...I should have been more specific,sorry.Wolf has the 4 colour lozenge tape strips on his Pfalz which he's added himself, and I really like what he's done.   Absolutely love the Aviatic decal sheet,very realistic ,looks just like fabric.   not sure if we'll leave them as is or add the coloured strips yet. 

All the best Richard,

William.

Edited by williamj

LOVELY stuff!

Wolf

Holy Cow, is the Pfalz looking fantastic. Awesome work on the rigging - looking so sweet.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Pure magic Wolf!

Craig

Thanks Brian, Peter, and Craig, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Wolf

Beautiful work Wolf,

How do you get the ends of your rigging so neat..... Ie after you have threaded them through the Gaspatch turnbuckles, how are you tensioning and securing the loose end?

Would you mind sharing your technique with us please?

Thank-you.

The rigging ends at the GasPatch turnbuckles are really quite simple. Once the line is threaded through the turnbuckle I hold both the line and the short end that was threaded through between my thumb and forefinger. I then twist the turnbuckle until the line is wrapped leaving only a small loop at the turnbuckle end. I then use a set of self clamping tweezers to hold the turnbuckle so the twisted line doesn't unravel. This is all being held by my left hand only. I then apply a small amount of extra thin CA to a short length of the twisted line. Once the CA has set I cut off the excess line as close as possible so that no loose end sticks out from the end of the glued twist. Does that make sense?

On the upper end, or the underside of the top wing, I've used GasPatch models rigging ends. The turnbuckle with rigging line is glued to the bottom wing with CA and before the CA is set the the line is gently pulled through the upper attachment point to set the correct angle for the bottom turnbuckle. Once that is solid I pull the line back out of the upper attachment point and thread on one of Bob's Buckles brass tubings. The line is the pulled through the upper attachment point and pulled more or less tight. A small drop of CA at the upper attachment point will hold the line so that I can now feed the loose end of the line back through the brass tube. I then slide the brass tube up as close as possible to the attachment point to cinch the line in place. Small drops of extra thin CA at either ends of the brass tubing ensures that it won't come undone and any excess line is cut off as close as possible to the brass tube. If there's any slack it the line, carefully application of heat from a heated sowing needle will tension the line nicely.

Everyone has their own method for rigging but I hope the explanation I've given makes sense and this method, while not perfect, works for me.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Beautiful Wolf....perfect finish. :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

Thanks Bill! Not perfect by any means but I'm tryin'. Any chance you're thinkin' about taking in the show at McMinnville this September? I've never been before but I'm planning to be there and take in the Museum at the same time. Should be a lot of fun as it appears there'll be a fairly strong contingent of LSP members there.

Cheers,

Wolf

An absolute work of art Wolf!!

What a beautiful build that is!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff, it's hard to beat a WnW's kit and this one is no exception. They're absolutely brilliant.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Bill! Not perfect by any means but I'm tryin'. Any chance you're thinkin' about taking in the show at McMinnville this September? I've never been before but I'm planning to be there and take in the Museum at the same time. Should be a lot of fun as it appears there'll be a fairly strong contingent of LSP members there.

Cheers,

Wolf

Clear this Sept....We'll talk. :rolleyes:

She's done! I got the propeller painted, masked and the laminations sprayed last night. Today I got the wood grain and prop manufacturer's decals applied and the prop clear coated with Tamiya's semi-gloss clear spray. I also added the flare rack to the stbd side of the fuselage. I opened up the flare pistol by cutting off the barrel, adding a hinge, and drilling out both ends of the barrel. Once painted it was placed on the seat to add a little more visual interest within the cockpit. A final tensioning of some of the rigging wires and it was time for a few final photos.

Thanks for following along and for the many encouraging words and compliments! They definitely help to keep me going through to the end! The rest of the pics will be posted to RFI.

Cheers,

Wolf

Pfalz-38_zpsdabf9vf8.jpg

Pfalz-46_zpsznqmbncz.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee