Pfalz Pfinished!

Wolf Buddee

Color definition is off the charts, Wolf.  Nice details abound.

' . . . black ignition wires . . .'

Are they hollow or will they be drilled?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark, you've lost me a bit. The black ignition wires I'm referring to are the actual ignition leads from the magnetos to each spark plug. Are you maybe thinkin' I was talking about the ignition wire conduits that run on each side of the cylinders and have the ignition wires run through them and then out to the spark plugs? You have to remember that at my age I'm easily confused! Just ask my wife, she'll tell ya!

I was not completely clear, Wolf.  Thank you for clarifying for me.  What I meant to ask is: Will the end of the ignition wire be drilled to fit over the spark plug head, or; Will the wiring be hollow, or; Will a solid core wire be attached to the spark plug end?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Here's how I'm making my spark plug ignition leads for the Pfalz's Mercedes engine. I had mentioned that I was going to go with black ignition wires but I quickly realized after I finished the first lead that you'd never be able to the see them. If I was going to go to the trouble of making them all up the might as well be visible so I'm going with yellow wire like I did with the Fokker DVII engine. Mark had asked how I was going to make them so I figured it would be easier to post some pics rather than try to explain in text. 

Cheers,

Wolf

Plug-wires-1_zps0e3766c3.jpg

Plug-wires-2_zps0b8e5118.jpg

Plug-wire-3_zps407099c4.jpg

Beautiful work!!!   BTW I just came across your 1/32 Spitfire shots on the Airscale site and was blown away. 

Incredible stuff here, Wolf!

Astonishing work, Wolf! Terrific painting, as always.

Kev

FWIW Wolf, your images look pin sharp on my monitor.

Stunning detail. :punk:

Color definition is off the charts, Wolf.  Nice details abound.

' . . . black ignition wires . . .'

Are they hollow or will they be drilled?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks for all the kind responses gentlemen, Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Wolf

HI Wolfe

Incredible work and the detail painting is second to none!

Just been to the ophthalmologist for a thorough exam and besides the usual beginnings of the normal eye suspects for a modeler in his late 60's, new specs are on the way. I'm also purchasing a new Optivisor with the highest magnification.: 8X, as mine is an OLD 7X, with years of hard service.

Peter

Very sharp modeling my friend ! And the pics look great to me.......Harv :popcorn:

FLAWLESSLY NEAT work. .

Defined Beautifully

:wow:

looking BRILLIANT As you progress

:bow:

Geez Wolf, your work is always so precise. The engine looks like it could start right up. Can't wait to see more.

Matt  :frantic:

Amazing work on this engine  ;)

Peter, Harvey, Maru, Matt, and Loic, thanks for following along and your words of encouragement!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Wolf.

I knew eventually you'd get bitten by the WW1 bug, and you started out with one my favorite subjects. I'm looking forward to see what you will do with it.

Cheers

Mike

:post1:  Hey Mike, glad to see you posting here on LSP! Hopefully we'll see the incredible work you've been doing on your Felixstowe! I caught some pics on the Wingnut Wings Facebook page. Oh my goodness your build looks       fantastic. This is actually my second Wingnut Wings build. My first was the OAW built Fokker DVII and I have 3 more of their kits in the stash. The Felixstowe is on my "must have" list too.

Cheers,

Wolf

The upper cylinder head assembly is done, at least as far as I'm able to go without the bottom portion of the cylinders and the crankcase. Once those items are done I can add the intake manifold assembly, oil, and air lines. Making the spark plug wires was particularly fun as each is made up of three pieces. The ends that attach to the spark plugs were so small it was hard to glue them on to the wire without gluing them to my tweezers as well. There were a few times when the air began to turn blue with words I rarely use. Still lots to do on the engine but most of the real fiddly stuff is done. Thankfully most of the remaining parts for the engine are bigger pieces so my eyes can have a bit of a rest. :blink: With the engine done it can be glued in to the fuselage framework and then the fuselage halves can be glued together.

Comments and critique always welcome.

Cheers,

Wolf

Cylinderhead-19_zps72b29fc0.jpg

Cylinderhead-18_zpsaf946286.jpg

Cylinderhead-17_zpsadeb83e6.jpg