Is Kinetic 1/24 P-47 any good?

BiggTim

Thanks for the input! I have seen the 1/24 Kinetic kit for less than the Vintage kit, so it's good to know they are the same, but I was a little concerned about the details available. I like to scratch build a lot of my own details, but if it gets to be too much, I'll sometimes buy some of the aftermarket stuff to speed things up. 

Tim

Hi Tim,

I'm dragging my heels getting a review of the Kinetic kit out at the moment.  I've been swamped with farm work while the weather in Aus has been good...and not too hot to burn off.

The box of the Kinetic kit is much smaller and is far more likely to cost less to ship than the VFS kit.  Like Darin said its the same plastic as the VFS kit but with different decals. Lucky Model often have a sale period where they surface ship whatever you buy for $2US.  IIRC its often towards the end of the year.

I'd definitely recommend it as a fun 1/24th build.  It's the only P47 game in town in that scale and its a good rendition.  Plenty of scope for extra detailing, tweaking or modifying into other model versions (e.g. a D30)

Matty

I've been swamped with farm work while the weather in Aus has been good...and not too hot to burn off.

Thats it, rub it in...... TonyT,, freezing his nuts off and looking out over a foggy, wet and low cloud covered landscape.... well, it would be if it wasn't dark :P

• 3 weeks later...