For anyone who has built the Hasegawa P-26.......

kalashnikov-47

I built one of these many years ago.... I remember that part of the build. What I did was take a piece of square plastic stock and drilled the dual holes through by drilling on the flats. Then the piece was cut to length and shaped. I threaded the wire ( nylon fishing lead ) through the holes and left a bunch of excess. Setting up some vertical uprights, I measured and marked off the future connection points and clamped the lines to the posts. At that point, I aligned the center piece and glued in place....acc glue transferred from a piece of wire. That sub assembly was later transferred to the model, carefully aligned and glued. The holes in the connection points were drilled through so that I had a means of setting alignment distance. Those holes were later filled. A little bit of heat to the monofilament lines had them nice and tight. I hope you can 'see' this in your minds' eye !

Joe66

Thanks for your input. What I ended up doing was drilling holes into a piece of sprue at right-angles.

Then went to work with my little files getting it to shape. It's a little over-scale but it beats not

having it there. I wish someone would give the 'Wingnut Wings' treatment to between-the-wars aircraft.

DSCN0882w.jpg

DSCN0884w.jpg