Mals BF109E1 at Wangerooge Diorama.....

Mal_Belford

Yep....decided that my BF109e1 is going to get a baseplate/diorama.

As i know that this BF109e1 that Kurt Ubben flew were stationed at Wangerooge (got help and info from a builder byddy at IPMs Gothenburg)....

looking alot on the einvorement....Sand, green grass, and burnt grass, flat landscape..

Here is a pic, of what im doing now...ive only done one Diorama before, learned alot...example...plan in very early stages where to put things and compose the area.....very very important if try to do it interesting and look natural, easy to forget, it tend to get to much and so on or to sparse....

The situation is, just got a new engine, and final assebly...the old engine is waiting to get transpoted away and will be rested on planks....

this is roughly places....also input and feedback in the early stages is appriciated, if i pmiss something and rearrange placement...but the situation is set...and theese intems is for use that is on the base...oh well got a few buckets more and engine parts (they still on the bag)

250l5yc.jpg

/Mal

Thanks Peter....

It took a few tries to get this....as i mentioned it got to look natural...ive talket to a buddy that serviced swedish airforce in the field....note one thing dont forget that in field the parts example the cowling never lied to the ground, they were on table or leaned to something with example a piece of wood or if heaviwr on planks....since avoid dirt that can causw them locksto get dirty and so on...

think as a mechanic i need and how to do it if i were there ....snafu feeling...usually do that....

oh well this will be an adventure for me and ill share it with you all...;)

/Mal

/Mal

Thanks Kev...

i did not know if it were ok..just wanted to be polite and put it in right section...

Now i know...i thought it would be wrong to put this episode in "works in progress" since it has little to do with 1:32 planes....and continue with a diorama...sinvmce two different things...

But now i know...

Instead of moving this one i prefer to keep it here now...or else too confusing...but next time i know it is okay to do so.

since this will not be the last one for shure.

/Mal

Still composing..

Getting closer..

As ive said eaelier.situation is relaxed...new/eefurbished engine been just finnished installed, cowling leaned at the table with panels...broke engine (maybe bullet dammage) since got extraa cowling i may do one nasty bullet hole in it....as they repaced the cowling to...and they will be resting on planks)

Relaxed mechanic will be there and the pilot sitting relaxed in a sunchair with a cup of coffe (since wangerooge is an beachy island)....

So the pilot will be scratched from several parts from my scrap box (use to save good thibgs, newer knowing when come in handy)

That is the plan getting formed in my mind...an i think it may work well...got feedback and the pilot resting idea came from a builder buddy Mattias ipms gothenburg)

/Mal