Yep another 1/32 Tamiya F-16. Misawa AFB

MrPRRose

Ok guys so I've officially gone mad..was in the hobby shop yesterday while I was in Brisbane and this came home with me..IMG_20140802_140623_zpsomdnnahr.jpg

So part of me wanted to relive the almost religious experience I had when I first opened my original one all those years ago..another part of me has thoughts of building this one in years to come once my skills have improved. Or I could do some kind of 'in primer' during maintenance build of this..what do you guys think?

That might be what I do FunkyZeit! So I've been working on some subassemblies, getting them as nice as I can and checking off steps in the book. My kit came with a bit of a chunk missing from the L.E. of the fin, which I fixed with Tamiya light-curing putty. Amazing stuff - the fact that it doesn't shrink is a huge plus. IMG_20140803_145954_zpsjkve2pln.jpg

For the life of me I could not get a decent result with the 'pour paint into the intake' method that I've seen other guys do. So I just airbrushed satin white acrylic in there using 10psi and got the airbrush nozzle right in there. Any pebbly texture was smoothed out with micro-mesh 4000 grit and I think it came out nicely :) the ring of lights is a projection from my little desk magnifying lamp shining through the intake strut hole.

IMG_20140803_150520_zpsei093lxe.jpg

Thanks Kev!

So I'm around to gluing up the intake lip to the duct, came across that little notch & tab that is intended to locate the lip, well it does locate it but makes it awfully hard to get a nice finish since the colour goes from white in the intake to grey on the lip. I removed the tab, filling the notch and will touch up the white in the intake. Then I'll paint the separate lip piece grey and attach it carefully..should work out ok!

IMG_20140803_222205_zpsuihgk7fy.jpg