Fisher Sea Fury FB.II UPDATE:9/1/14: FINISHED

Guest Peterpools

My Sea Fury is sitting on the shelf quietly calling me to give it a crack.  Just need to get myself in the model room to finish off my Fisher Panther.

Keeping a keen eye on this build...well done so far.

Cheers

Collin

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated Harv

The more I work on the Sea Fury, the more I'm convinced she is a looker and one gorgeous airplane.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thank Maurice

Much appreciated. It took a lot of work and extra parts from Paul Fisher to find a set that messed together and I 'm glad I was able to wind up being able to use the new cowl and engine

Peter

Guest Peterpools

John

So very much appreciated but after seeing what you are able to accomplish with the Fine Structure kits, resin is going to be a piece of cake my friend.\

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Colin

Thanks so much and hopefully you will be posting photos of the Panther and then starting a Sea Fury thread as well.

Peter

She's really coming along beautifully Peter and I'm following along with keen interest as I have this kit as well albeit with folded wings. Dry fitting on my kit has revealed a bit of a misfit between fuselage and cowl as well so it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out when I build mine. The one thing I've still to figure out is if the star points on the spinner align with the prop blades or between them? I haven't come up with a definitive answer yet.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Hi Wolf

Thanks for checking in on the Sea Fury. After discussing the problems with Paul and receiving the replacement wings and cowls, a mix and match approach worked wonders on getting the project back on track. From what Paul has explained and builds I've read, the three piece wing seems to be a better fit when mating with the cowl. I was just glad I was finally able to work out a solution that allowed the use of the "new style" replacement cowl with an old one piece wing.

From my research, the tips of the white star points directly at the base of each prop blade and surely will be a fun time masking that out.

Looking forward to update photos of your Mustang build and hoping your Sea Fury will be your next project.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE; 7/6/14: SPINNER AND PROP. Starting to find a bit more bench time as the craziness of pool season passes July 4th. After carefully cleaning up the prop and spinner assembly, both were primed with Tamiya Fine Gray Primer and left to dry for a few days, as I wanted to make sure there was a good bond between the primer and the resin. First up was the prop which was air brushed with Tamiya Semii Gloss Black and then the tips with Tamiya yellow.

The spinner was first painted tamiya flat white and when thoroughly dry, a good two hours was needed to mask off the star pattern. I've looked a quite a few photos and at best, I'm close but not perfect and no cigar. Still, I happy with how it came out and next up will be a the customary gloss, decals, gloss panel line wash and semi gloss for the last layer.

I've also started sanding and cleaning up the wing roots and then it's on to the tail feathers.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

untitled-48_zps7a543cc8.jpg

untitled-47_zpsc5661692.jpg

untitled-45_zpsd355b7be.jpg

Hey Peter, she's coming along very nicely indeed. An observation if I may regarding the spinner though. The ends of the star should come to a distinct point whether they aligned with the prop blades or not and the white of the star should be separated from the red by a thin black pin stripe. If you haven't already gloss coated the spinner the adjustment should be fairly straight forward. You've already done the hard part! As always, she's going to be another stunning model from you. :)

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Guest Peterpools

Hi Wolf

Thanks for getting me back on track and I'll try to correct the star at the hub with the black pin stripes,  which I planning on using thin black decals stripes. Sure looks like I was focusing so intently on making sure there wasn't any bleed through, that I lost sight of the star's shape.

See what I can do

Peter

Wow Peter, your sea fury is stellar !

This Centaurus engine looks as busy as the real thing and the paint job is amazing. And i love the propeller and the spinner.

Very nice build !

Much appreciated Harv

The more I work on the Sea Fury, the more I'm convinced she is a looker and one gorgeous airplane.

Peter

You've not worked on a real one then? :)