A-12 to SR-71 Titanium Quintuplets Complete

danimalmagic

Well guys I am calling these four done, just over 9 weeks from start to finish and I have to say this is one commission I wish I could keep. sad.gif
Each airframe has been based on a specific image/images as per my customer¡¦s requirements, we must have exchanged a few dozen emails since then ironing out specifics.
All four are based on the standard 1/72 SR-71 and YF-12A kits with the addition of various Eduard etch detail, Wolfpack Seats and the Kiwi Resin Conversion Sets for the A-12 and M-21.

As it is only 1/72 scale i did a WIP on Britmodeller if you are interested 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234957317-a-12-to-sr-71-titanium-quintuplets-wip/

Helped keep me sane that is for sure.happy.gif

Would not even like to have a guess at the hours put in but it allot that's all I know. banghead.gif 

As usual all painted with Tamiya acrylics.

It was a big project so lots of pictures.
102_7737.jpg
102_7708.jpg
A-12
102_7731.jpg
102_7733.jpg
102_7735.jpg
102_7705.jpg
102_7704.jpg
Thanks for looking.

Danny

SR-71, this has proved tough to photograph, the weathering is a little stronger in reality, allot of the softer detail does not show up to well.
102_7718.jpg
102_7715.jpg
102_7725.jpg
102_7689.jpg
102_7714.jpg
102_7689.jpg

Still another 2 to do these were recent additions to the project and not part of the original plan, A-12 Trainer the Titanium Goose with Kiwi Resin Conversion.
This is going to be tricky as the 2nd cockpit is completely different to the SR-71B and will need to be scratch built. The second bird is the SR-71B, going to have a few days off and then get stuck into these two.

Hope you all enjoy them, been a great project for me.

Thanks for looking.

Danny

They look amazing, especially the SR-71.  love the tones of black.   

Thanks, getting the SR-71 the way i wanted was a real challenge, i was not aggressive enough at first, to scared of messing it up, it the end you just have to make a decision and be a bit bolder.

Looks even better by eye, some of the detail is lost by the camers, a pity.

Thanks for looking.

Danny

Totally fantastic - really fine work there all around! Such an amazing display of them together!

Thanks Petrov, they were a great project and i enjoyed it, of course now its extended to cover another 2 variants which is also pretty cool.

Thanks for looking.

Danny

Holy cow Dan, that is a gorgeous set of models and I would be THRILLED to have them in my collection!  Bravo on a job well done!

Thanks Frank, very kind, a great project for me that is for sure.

Thanks for looking.

Danny