32nd kfir

stuey57

Hi everyone out there,

My name is Stuart I am new to this forum and want to build a Kfir-c2.

Now, can I use the Revell Mirage 111e ? Is is the same moulding as the Mirage V ?

Does anyone know where I can source the CAM or TAC scale dynamics conversions ?

Are they any good or am I better off scratchbuilding ?

Does anyone know if the Tiger Wings decal sheet for the Kfir is still available?

Can the Mirage IIIe be built as a CJ or as a Nesher ? without any major surgery ?

I apologise for all the questions ???`s

Kind Regards

Stuey

welcome to the club stuey!

well the Mirage IIIE can be done as a Nesher and even as a Cfir. The later is much more diff. to build, ven more if you don't have the CAM kit (no longer avail. search in ebay for it..)

For the Nesher will have to make a new cockpit, a new seat a new nose the longer fin extention and correct the main gear doors These are themajor problems....

HTH

Menelaos

Stu,

First, Welcome aboard :blink:

Second, good questions, I have the Revell III kit with the CAM conversion kit but with no decals. I'm sitting on it until I can find a sheet that has the data and stencils on it. I want to do mine in Ecuadorian AF markings, but alas, its out of production.

If you have questions about aircraft, this is the place to come.

Good luck on your project,

Cheers, Ian

Hello and welcome! To make a Kfir, the Revell kit can be used if like others have said, you find the conversoin set for it. Or you can scratchbuild it yourself :blink: . You can also use their Mirage V kit which also comes with Israeli markings for a Nesher. This kit is a little hard to find but it does come up on Ebay regularly and normally for under$60 bucks.

Good luck.

Francis

Welcome in club Stuey.

I was in the same situation like you are now.I can tell you that not everything is lost, for instance you can buy the Revell Miraj V J/IIIC from EBay or the Miraj IIIE/R/RS Fighter/Recon (old kit) from GreatModels and for your luck you can get the CAM 32017 conversion set for "ONLY" 53$ for Kfir C-7from them too.It's your choice,what can I say ,I have this set and in my opinion is a nice one.About de decals????!!!!! It's a more difficult to find than you and I expected .The Tiger Wings disappeared from the market and we just hope that someday IsraDecal or SkyDecal will came out whit a nice set for Kfir.I have a lot of decals from Tiger Wings F-16,IsraDecal/Skydecal for the A-4 and F-4 but in my opinion is not enough to make a dissent Kfir.We have to wait or write to IsraDecal and maybe someday we'll have one.I put here the link to GreatModel webstore.Check it for the kit and conversion set.

http://www.greatmodels.com/cgi/display.cgi...m_num=camr32017

Welcome again.You'll find here a lot of GREAT GUYS around the World doing the best they could to help each other

Cheers ...............

mykyb

Hello and welcome aboard!

Since I make resin conversions for Israeli aircraft in both 1/72 and 1/48, I can tell you something about your projects in 1/32 (which are mine as well).

Foreword: the Revell's Mirage is crude in all its details, expecially cockpit and landing gear. This is true for any aircraft you want to build from it.

The Mirage IIIC is really difficult to be built from Revell's Mirage IIIC. YOu should heavily modify the forward fuselage and also the rear belly. The engine is different too, and this makes the rear fuselage longer.

Sure you need good plans of both versions to see all the differences. (at least wings are the same).

The Nesher is easy, since you basically need to modify the nose only. You can easily do it starting from the recce nose you should find in each boxing of the kit. The lower part is to made from scratch but the upper 'curve' is right.

The Kfir is troublesome. I have only a few parts from the TAC set since it's UGLY.

The ejection seat is good for a C7, not for a C2, the cockpit is good looking but it's not correct.

The nose is short and badly shaped, so is the rear facing camera housing below the engine exaust.

All small details are either missing or badly shaped in white metal (all the scoops for istance).

But most of all, they suggest you to CUT the wing as to get the wing leading edge tooth.

DON'T do it, the tooth is ADDED to the basic wing!!!!

Anyway, ISRADECAL offers a very good book on the Kfir, so did a Polish pubblisher whose name I can't recall exactly now.

They have good plans for the aircraft.

I'm offering color laser printed decals for the Kfir C7 (the one with the F-16 style camo). I can easily print them in 1/32nd (I already did this for myself).

And maybe there's also another chance....

If you are interested in more details, don't be afraid to ask.

To get an idea of what are the parts included into a MirageIII->Kfir conversion, have a look at my website:

http://eagledesigns.50megs.com/home.html

and click on the "48-CK-16" code you find in the listing.

Happy Kfir-ing!!!

Luca