Marmaduke

Greetings everyone! This is a build that I started late last summer. My builds usually take a while due to family stuff and my own a.d.d. but this one is taking a little longer since we moved recently and the holidays. Anyhow, this will be my version of Tamiya's Supermarine Spitfire mk IXc. I originally intended to build it straight oob but that didn't last long. I've added a resin seat and cockpit upgrade as well as the cockpit door from Barracuda and will be dressing her in Eagle Cal decals. I'll be doing the Polish fighting team scheme in honor of my Polish wife! If my updates are a little slow please bear with me, I build slow.null-1.jpg The Barracuda control column next to the kit part

null.jpg The Barracuda seat next to the kit part

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

Excellent progress on the Tamiya Spit. Glasd you added Roy's cockpit detail set - they really add to the level of the finished model. I used them on my Spit and can't say enough about them.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Great looking Spit!

FYI-take as long as you want or need for your builds. I've been working on the same armor build for close to a year now. I think you'll find most of us take a decent amount of time on a build. It just looks quick because we post everything at one time, once we're done!

Thanks for the kind words gents! I've got some of the decals done. I had some trouble at first and ended up having to remove the roundels from the wings. I knew it couldn't have been the aftermarket decals so I blamed the testors rattle can clear. Sure enough, after a coat of Future, the decals started to behave nicely. Hopefully I can get some pics posted tomorrow.

Maurice: Her markings will be ZX 1 which according to my research was flown by several pilots of Skalski's circus.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I know it's been a long time since my last update but no worries, new pics should be up this week! All I have to do is find the time to take them, upload them and post them! Ugh! My job sure gets in the way of my modeling!