Review: MA-32115: BAe Hawk in Worldwide Service

LSP_Kevin

Nice review from Michael. As far as export Hawk customers are concerned (and not including the RAF and USN T-45 Goshawk), I make it 17 in total (as you can add Bahrain and India to the list; the Swiss Hawks now all being owned by Finland).

I am just waiting for receipt of my Kinetic Hawk 100 kit and I can then resume work on my Hawk update AM stuff (including picking up my T-45 conversion and I will be looking at a Hawk 200 series conversion as well).

Derek

Michael Drechsler has a new review for us:

Model Alliance AIRframe Decals MA-32115: BAe Hawk in Worldwide Service

Thanks Michael!

Kev

Many thanks! :)

Nice review from Michael. As far as export Hawk customers are concerned (and not including the RAF and USN T-45 Goshawk), I make it 17 in total (as you can add Bahrain and India to the list; the Swiss Hawks now all being owned by Finland).

I am just waiting for receipt of my Kinetic Hawk 100 kit and I can then resume work on my Hawk update AM stuff (including picking up my T-45 conversion and I will be looking at a Hawk 200 series conversion as well).

Derek

Ah, my fault, I made a quick count, but as Abu Dhabi and Dubai were condensed under the UAE flag, it fell one short... :)

Just to add that many readers may not be aware that Model Alliance/Aviation Workshop is no more - as of March 2012 IIRC.

Iain

Good to know! I have a distant memory of  some talk including some serious legal issues for the owner. Interestingly, I bought that sheet middle of this year - after my vendor restocked!

In that case - grab 'em, while they are still available! :)

Yes - very serious 'legal issues'!  :(

IIRC most of the stock was acquired by other companies (I've got a few of their books cheap in the last year) - so as you say - grab them if and when you see them!!

Iain

Ah, my fault, I made a quick count, but as Abu Dhabi and Dubai were condensed under the UAE flag, it fell one short... :)

Michael,

You're right, that would make the corrected figure 15 export customers (Finland, Kenya, Indonesia, Zimbabwe, UAE (Abu Dhabi and Dubai), Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Oman, Malaysia, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Bahrain and India).

It is unfortunate that Model Decal Alliance fell foul of legal issues.

Derek