Tackar HÃ¥kan!

Here's some more pictures!

DSC00310_zps8b21b17d.jpg

DSC00311_zps04f30d2e.jpg

DSC00312_zps8ad4c9f9.jpg

And with the gun pods in place:

DSC00313_zps121af7bc.jpg

DSC00314_zps10948d65.jpg

Does anybody know for a fact what colour the gun pods were? Were they strictly painted RLM76, or did the groundcrew/mechanics bother to paint them in whatever undercarriage colour the bird was in? I guess I can ask the same thing about the droptank while I'm at it... :)

• 2 weeks later...

It has taken some time, mainly due to me building a 1/25th scale '58 Impala for my mother as a christmas present, but also due to a couple of my Humbrols dying; namely #90 and #91 - but here's nevertheless an update.

Here's the propeller painted up, and all done. It will not require any more work!

DSC00315_zps1c96d3b5.jpg

Cowlings painted RLM76:

DSC00316_zps5d36521c.jpg

And finally .. the.. thing. Painted in RLM.. whatever:

DSC00317_zpsd0bbcb38.jpg

Edited by Sparzanza

Thanks for the comment Mal, although I am using the same painting technique as I always have.. brush + sponge. But hey, maybe I got better at it. :D The mottling will be a challenge. Here's an update;

Sides and most of the undercarriage painted with the puke beige green; then masking off the left wing to paint some Humbrol 11 aluminium. Then the right wing masked and painted RLM76. Anyone figured out what scheme I'm doing yet? ;)

DSC00318_zpse70511b9.jpg

Hmmmmm.

Im starting to think what invidual you are going for...any clues?

Its Late ww2 due to that duck egg green belly....hmmm Luftwaffe used leftover colors everything were very sparse.....

That mottling you done looks great, and this gonna be real nice when its done Sparz.

So keep em coming

/Mal

Hmmmmm.

Im starting to think what invidual you are going for...any clues?

Its Late ww2 due to that duck egg green belly....hmmm Luftwaffe used leftover colors everything were very sparse.....

That mottling you done looks great, and this gonna be real nice when its done Sparz.

So keep em coming

/Mal

I will give you one hint. :) Yellow.

Thanks for the praise!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I might as well reveal this "mystery" 109 with replaced right wing & engine cowlings. It is the G-6 yellow 5 found by US troops in May 1945, in Kassel. The profile was made by Anders Hjortsberg, so all credit goes to him - but I also want to thank Boris for showing it to me in the first place. Anyway, I strongly recommend Anders' site The Profile Paintshop to everyone because it has many, many great-looking liveries/schemes and some good background history as well.

Here's the profile I'm going for:

yellow56_zps45284454.jpg

Although it has gone through some changes since I saved the picture, so mine will not be 100% accurate. I'm sort of pleased with it so far though, with the exception of me messing up the yellow 5 decals that Boris gave me. My attempts in making masks for it by printing the profile and cutting the 5 out has been flimsy & unsuccesful .. plus that I have managed to misplace a wheel nut, basically means that the kit is on hold for now. :( But I will share its current state with you lot. The paintjob is completed and has been given two extremely thin brushpainted gloss coats - and is awaiting decals. Oh well. At least the cockpit looks good.

But yeah.. currently on hold. Might start my 1/24 Zero in the meantime. Enjoy the pictures:

DSC00329_zpsf26e3de5.jpg

DSC00330_zps930ebd15.jpg

DSC00331_zpsbf4a7949.jpg

DSC00332_zps5693ce43.jpg

DSC00333_zps72cf9f63.jpg