TAMIYA corsair. WOW

misha71

I saw a price of $129.00 at Advantage Hobby. If you order from them let me know they have a deal going if you refer a new customer.

Thanks

Mike

Why does Advantage Hobby show incredibly high prices for some kits?

1/32 Revell Lynx for $99999.99

http://www.advantagehobby.com/231542/RVL04837/?pcat=1192

1/32 Revell Hawk T.1 for $4849.11

http://www.advantagehobby.com/232018/RVL04849/?pcat=1192

Those don't appear to be dummy prices for out of stock items. There are other items shown as backordered that they won't let you put into the shopping cart. You can put the Lynx and Hawk in the cart, and those are the prices you will get.

I'm a little wary when a site that has messed up prices like that.

Edited by Dave Williams

Ordered a 1/32 P-61 Widow for $127.00 and that is what is on the invoice. Not sure about the prices you quoted Dave. I am going to call them on Monday to verify the prices.

Mike

Just received my kit from Wheels & Wings Hobbies! Looks even better "in the flesh" than the great pictures posted. The title of this thread says it all......WOW!

Rich

Edited by berneckir

I called Advantage Hobby about those prices Dave and the individual I talked too said that was wrong and that they will check into it.

Mike

Thanks.

Just got my kit from W&W also. With all the wing parts, this is probably the most complex WW2 kit they have done so far.

Thanks.

Just got my kit from W&W also. With all the wing parts, this is probably the most complex WW2 kit they have done so far.

My thoughts exactly! Things like the different elevator/trim tab combinations and such make it very complex, but I am SO looking forward to digging into this baby!

Hi all,

I've got a question for those who already received their Corsair kit. Could someone tell me which paint mix does Tamiya indicate for matching dull dark green (one of the 2 cockpit colors)?

Thanks a lot

Edited by Warbird

Warbird asked: "Could someone tell me which paint mix does Tamiya indicate for matching dull dark green (one of the 2 cockpit colors)?"

Answer:

XF-5:2 + XF-8:1

Rich

Edited by berneckir

Dave,

My order from Advantage Hobbies shipped today. Saved $75.00 on the P-61 with free shipping. Thinking of getting my Corsair from them.

Mike

Thanks, I'll have to look at them in the future (but keep an eye on the prices).

Jennings,

Some of the F4U-1's had the spine with the line. See this photo (I hope I'm giving proper credit to the facebook site:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=271097076284323&set=a.132972456763453.23382.131665906894108&type=1&theater

F4U-1 Corsair VMF 213 on Munda Island in the Solomon Chain of Islands, 1944.

The second picture (I am not sure of the source so I cannot give proper credit to the source) is a photo of the plane which option A in the Tamiya kit is based. Tamiya has it correct by showing option A with the line. The profile and instructions show the spine being used correctly, as does the box-top art. The profile in the new Eagle Editions sheet does not show the correct spine, but the decals, as always, are great, and they have the red surrounds for the Spirit of 76 version! The picture speaks for the accuracy of Tamiya's research.

Rich

383326_271097076284323_951122669_n.jpgf4u-1_bunker-hill.jpg

Edited by berneckir

I was wondering about the two spines also. It looks like a compartment for something that was later deleted. My first though was for a radio since you use the spine with the panel lines for the option with the spine antenna mast, but the top picture has the panel and doesn't have the spine mast.

Regarding the FAA Corsairs, can't you build one from the box now? From what I've heard, the first batch of Corsair Mk. Is didn't have the clipped wingtips. In fact there is a picture in the D&S book of an FAA birdcage Corsair that clearly has the original rounded wingtips.

Dave,

You are correct about the FAA birds. The Corsair 1's (F4U-1's) did not have the eight inches clipped from the wings. The first 45 (of 95) Corsair 1's were the F4U-1 and most did not have the clipped wings (this is where photos are important for a particular build). The next 50 Corsair 1's were F4U-1's some fitted with the birdcage canopy (clipped wings?).

Rich