1/24 Airfix Fw190 ... maybe F...

Supermario

Roland ... that's phenomenal work - the ignition wiring is so neat and detailed and the ignition ring is fabulous and the .... oh, I could go on but ....

See what you can do when you give up that silly occupation of throwing yourself down a mountain strapped to two planks of wood ! :hmmm: :rofl:

I can't wait to see what you do with the exhausts!

Grant

Hi ! :)

Thank you sooo much for all your encouraging words ! :blush:

(...) I sure am happy that you didn't"launch" this work into the wall! (...)

J

Now I'm glad too I did not… but it's sometimes hard to resist to the instingtive gesture to throw things away… :BANGHEAD2:

(...)

See what you can do when you give up that silly occupation of throwing yourself down a mountain strapped to two planks of wood ! :hmmm: :rofl:

(...)

Grant

It's then time for other options and "strap" yourself up to a tiny rope :lol:

1301150931579335010762913.jpg

... and 'never a big deal to find some snow even in the middle of summer !

1301150949219335010762948.jpg

(even if you can come back with a few frozen fingers…)

1301150931449335010762911.jpg

Regarding the exhausts, 'still a lot of work left 'till it comes to these.

Even if I first planned not to go as per instructions regarding the engine mounting steps (Airfix made an assembly of engine/firewall/cockpit that has to be "droped" into the fuselage)

But this might still be the way to go here as one can add all the plumbing outside the tiny space left once it is inserted in the fuselage.

But It also means I have to finish the firewall and at least have a "drop-in" cockpit first… ^_^

We will see.

I am envious of your skills and your location brother. I will be sending you the upper gun hood for the fuselage and also the outer wing cannon bulges for the top of the wing. Even though a lot of pilots had the outer wing cannons removed,the upper wing bulges stayed in place on the A-8 and 9 aircraft.

My parts were made about 10 years ago so you will have to tweek them a little.

J

(...) I don't know if I could stand the strain both eye and mental. (...)

Dan

Thank you Dan !!!

I've got my "geen pills", glasses and magnifying glass with me :rolleyes:

And also, it's 1/24 scale ! that's a fair bit larger than our usual scale (next time I come across, I will take a photo of both to compare).

I am envious of your skills and your location brother. I will be sending you the upper gun hood for the fuselage and also the outer wing cannon bulges for the top of the wing. Even though a lot of pilots had the outer wing cannons removed,the upper wing bulges stayed in place on the A-8 and 9 aircraft.

My parts were made about 10 years ago so you will have to tweek them a little.

J

I don't see why you wouls be envious...??!!

Hummm... Thank you sooo much for thinking of me with your parts !!!!!!!!!!!! That is super nice of you !! :beer4:

You also know how much I love torture your great work... ;)

There is some other thing that I keep in mind :

Hans mentionned some times before the Panzerblitz "thingy" and I was thinking about it from then on...

As he said, that would be a little change ?

These rockets were a "Rüstsatz" if I'm right ?

So I'm asking if it would be a heresy to put it on "any" F9 airframe ??

(and as the cockpit is not finished, I still could add the specific controls...)

I'm also trying to find some Panzerblitz refs. in case I decide to attach those things under the wings, does anyone know where I could find it ?

(a kind of 3view drawings would be good)

Roland,

Thank you very much for showing us all pictures of your build progress (and your beautiful home). I love these 1/24 scale kits - they have a charm (and pain) all of their own. I have learned so much watching your progress - it making me itchy to produce some 1/24 AM stuff!

Best regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Hey, Roland !! No wonder it was -7C at your place today !

Glorious landscapes and views - anyone would be distracted from any build. Right ... stop looking out of the window and get back to the bench !!

Grant

Same temperature where I live - view isn't as nice though :(

Derek