1/32 FI-167

Lee White

Hi Guys,

Here is the Fi-167 I started a while back. I haven't taken many pics, so, I'll show you the ones i have taken- the build has been pretty straightforward, and I'm up to the point now where i have to make the struts and get ready to mount the top wing. Lots of little details need to be sorted first tough, so that's what i'll be snapping pics of in the near future.

DSCF0819.jpg

DSCF0885.jpg

DSCF0887.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Lee

Hi Kev

This is another scratch build. I enjoy making piles of wood shavings and the aroma of melting plastic, I guess! Here are a few more pics, which show where the model is at now-

DSCF1424.jpg

DSCF1425.jpg

DSCF1426.jpg

DSCF1427.jpg

DSCF1428.jpg

Sorry for the disaster that is my work area..... :oops:

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I need to do some major overhauling of my work areas- they are just too messy. Now, I have to do all the little stuff, like scribing, exhausts, radiator, canopy, cockpit, struts- Enough to keep me busy for a while..... and time is usually the one thing that I don't have enough of!!

A 1/32nd scale scratchbuilt Fi-167!? Now that is crazy - good for you, Lee, and it's looking very nice! Always one of my favourite aeroplanes. I'm sure you've read about it - it had some truly amazing low-speed capabilities.

Regards,

Jason

A 1/32nd scale scratchbuilt Fi-167!? Now that is crazy - good for you, Lee, and it's looking very nice! Always one of my favourite aeroplanes. I'm sure you've read about it - it had some truly amazing low-speed capabilities.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason (And everyone else!),

Indeed I have read about its amazing low speed capabilities- most notably is the time a test pilot, at 9800', hovered over a fixed spot on the ground, and remained there, decreasing his altitude to 100' before applying throttle and flying off. But still not quite in it's little brother storch's league, which could (supposedly) fly backwards if the wind was brisk enough... Thanks for looking in, guys!