Best A-10A cockpit?

mark31

Welcome to the forums.

I love ure A-10 build and thanks for the info.

I have now the pit from cam and verlinden i dindt findt the cutting edge.

Underway is the extirior set from cutting edge.

Only things to find right now are the canopy and eduard PE set for the extirior.

Maybe some other decals.

Mark

Hi Phantom - the Hog engines I was referring to are going to be put out by Mike at "Sierra Hotel" - I saw them at the Orlando IPMS show - and they look really nice. I still feel the Squadron Vac. canopy didn't fix the angle problem - which visually (to me) was more of an issue. With masking and tedious sanding, I was happier with working the kit canopy. Neither was an optimum solution - and I wrestled with that issue for a long time. The ECS ducts were still there in August 1990 when I took these pictures - about a month before our Squadron left for Saudi Arabia and Desert Shield / Storm. The Hog had a great A/C system - and it was always appreciated. It didn't have the "ball cooler" vents like the Eagle did at the time - but I don't remember anyone ever complaining about it. I took these pictures in August 1990 at England AFB of 82-0665.

24.jpg

23.jpg

Regards, George

Thanks for al the info

I have taken 2 pics of the cockpits.

On the left verlinden and on the right cam.

BILD0310_zps551f1420.jpg

The pit from cam is very nice details while the verlinden one have the side walls molded on with ecs ducts but for the rest very basic.

The front IPs on the left verlinden and on the right the cam.

BILD0327_zpsc9389320.jpg

As u can see the ECS is under the ip by the cam version and much nicer details.

Mark

With the two sets you show, the Verlinden would be the one to use for DS since George told me it had the side ducts. The CAM is a direct unauthorized copy of the Blackbox cockpit. They also copied my A-10 and S-3 1/48 engine sets so know of their ways personally. I agree the Blackbox set is nicer, maybe you can tweak the Verlinden ducts to fit the BB sides, then remove the knee ducts? While comparing, the BB tub always looked wide to me but have not tried to fit it. Can you tell me which tub fits the kit better?

With the two sets you show, the Verlinden would be the one to use for DS since George told me it had the side ducts. The CAM is a direct unauthorized copy of the Blackbox cockpit. They also copied my A-10 and S-3 1/48 engine sets so know of their ways personally. I agree the Blackbox set is nicer, maybe you can tweak the Verlinden ducts to fit the BB sides, then remove the knee ducts? While comparing, the BB tub always looked wide to me but have not tried to fit it. Can you tell me which tub fits the kit better?

I didt a quick dryfit.

If u foolow the instructions from the verlinden set it fits like a glove.

For the cam a bit more work to do,u have to remove a bit of resin from the thub but it will work.

What im planning to do is use parts from the verlinden set with the cam set to make the pit looks good with the side ECS system.

Mark

Nice comparison shots. I hate when they mold the side wall with the tub. I have cutting edge pit and the walls are molded with the pit. Makes it harder to paint the details. When I used the verlinded set on A-10A N/AW it went with out a fuss, but then again its the only set in market for the family model.