WNW FE-2b (Early), No. 25 Squadron, RFC

TimW

At long last, it's done...fell off the table once, even. Overall, I'm happy with the results and will reiterate once again just how much fun these kits are to build....OK, sometimes it can be a bit challenging, but it's worth it!

Feb12014.jpg

Feb12013.jpg

Feb12012.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Tim

Fantastic build. The rigging and finish is spectacular. I My SE5 arrived from Wingnut Wings last week and after watching your build, it's on my build list. I'm knee deep in my Mustang Group build right now; Big Beautiful Doll and then want to finish up my Jug. After that it's Back to the Future and WWI.

Gorgeous work.

Peter

Tim that is truely a great looking model! The rigging and finish came out very well and If you had'nt told anybody it happened, nobody would ever know it took a "flight" from the model table. Very impressive! :goodjob:

Great job!

Paul

Many thanks for the kind words! I really enjoyed the build...and now have to contemplate what comes next?!!

I wonder if WNW will do any French aircraft? I may have to get the FE-2 (Late) as well.

I also highly recommend that elasticized rigging line WNW is selling on their website (as well as the EZ-Line) that stuff is a dream to work with, compared to fishing line!

Regards,

Tim W.

Tim:

A great looking model and a tribute to your skill and patience!

I'm starting my FE 2b Late and know that the rigging will be a challenge. Yours looks great.

I have the EZ Line and the flat thread is "in the mail". How did you attach the flat rigging? Did you attach directly to the attachment point, or did you try to simulate the attachment hardware itself?

I sincerely hope mine bears some resemblance to yours when finished.

Regards,

Charlie L

Tim:

Well, as the kids say "my Bad!"... at least for part of my previous post.

I went back and looked at your pictures, and you did indeed use some kind of hardware to simulate the attachment points for the flat rigging.... it does add significantly to the finish...

So my simple question on that point is: what did you use?

Thanks again... and regards again

Charlie L

Tim:

Well, as the kids say "my Bad!"... at least for part of my previous post.

I went back and looked at your pictures, and you did indeed use some kind of hardware to simulate the attachment points for the flat rigging.... it does add significantly to the finish...

So my simple question on that point is: what did you use?

Thanks again... and regards again

Charlie L

Charlie--

The attachment points are Bob's Buckles.

http://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

They worked very well!

Cheers,

Tim W.

And the prize for understatment of the year goes to Timw for the following

sometimes it can be a bit challenging

A bit challenging .. . Climbing everest is a bit challenging , what you managed to atchieve with that kit leaves challenging at the door.. its simply a work of art .. if I had my hat on , I'd tip it to you , failing that :thumbsup: will have to suffice!