Gotha IV

do335b6

A manly choice! I have not yet tackled mine, though I'm tempted.

Do you have the Windsock publication on building the Gotha? It has some very helpful info and hints on tackling the tricker aspects of the kit--and great historical background.

http://web.ipmsusa3.org/content/building-wingnut-wings-gotha-giv

Regards,

Tim W.

A manly choice! I have not yet tackled mine, though I'm tempted.

Do you have the Windsock publication on building the Gotha? It has some very helpful info and hints on tackling the tricker aspects of the kit--and great historical background.

http://web.ipmsusa3.org/content/building-wingnut-wings-gotha-giv

Regards,

Tim W.

Unfortunately I have not been able to get the Windsock publication yet, I hope to before I finish

Neat,

If I am not mistaken, I believe you are the first to start a build thread here with this kit.

Pls keep posting. :speak_cool:

Ron

Possibly I don't get a chance to check the forums alot during the day.

awesome start so far! I just started mine about a week ago but don't have enough done yet to show any progress pics. Which plane do you plan on modeling? I'm thinking of doing a SSW version painted in the polygons but don't know if i have the mental fortitude for all that masking! Keep the pics coming.. we're watching with much interest! :popcorn:

Cheers!

Jerry

Coming along nicely! The fuel tanks and nacelles look very nice, as does the cockpit. :party0023: Looks to be a fun build until rigging time comes along! Did you have any problems fitting the gun-tunnel? The instructions mention sanding the top to fit, but unless i'm missing something, it seems to pop in place quite nicely. Keep up the good work and motivation.. this thing looks like it could suck the life out of ya if you let it.. there's just so much to do!

Cheers,

Jerry

Coming along nicely! The fuel tanks and nacelles look very nice, as does the cockpit. :party0023: Looks to be a fun build until rigging time comes along! Did you have any problems fitting the gun-tunnel? The instructions mention sanding the top to fit, but unless i'm missing something, it seems to pop in place quite nicely. Keep up the good work and motivation.. this thing looks like it could suck the life out of ya if you let it.. there's just so much to do!

Cheers,

Jerry

The tunnel fit well just a bit of work getting everything lined up when you put the fuselage halves together. Biggest problem I had was getting the gun to fit with the ammo drum on. Without the ammo drum it fits fine with it's a bit tight.

do335b6 - All of the work you've done on this kit looks awesome. I for one will be following your progress closely. - Danny

Thanks

It's going so well I wonder where the disaster will happen, I've started 3 other WNW kits and each has suffered disaster mostly at the hands of an ultra curious 2 year old so I'm hoping this one actually gets finished. Fingers crossed.