HGW Latest Releases !!!

Jan Bobek - HGW

Hi guys,

I wil check options and let you know. But it is quite complicated process to develop new riveting set... and also costly. Give me 50 signuters from people who wil buy this set for 100% and I am in. :)

Jan Bobek

I have two Dauntless's here. so as long as the price is "reasonable", I will take two sets.

Hi folks,

as you can see in the subject of this topic we are introducing photo-etched set for Beardmore engine (FE.2b). Check some pictures:

132084.jpg 132084%20manual.JPG

132084%20a.jpg 132084%20b.jpg

132084%20c.jpg

132084%20d.jpg

As usually it is possible to buy:

1) eshop: http://battlefield.eshop-zdarma.cz/ (use product code to find)

2) ebay: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HGW-Models (use product code to find)

3) just send us an email and we will send you payment details immediately

Best regards

Jan Bobek

HGW

• 3 weeks later...

I have tested the free rivet lines (1/72) using HGW instructions (Warm water + Mr. Mark Softer dried a bit with soft cloth than waited more than 2 houres) but those decals looked a bit too flat (I could not see any positive effect at all) so I have spayed over them a real thin coat of Revell enamel paint. After this I could not see any of your details. After this I have added some new rivets on the painted surface but these were either positive. If i don't apply the surfacer the dots don't stick to the surface.

I would like to apply these to a libyan Hs-129 and I wouldn't like to add the rivets after my paintjob... It would look a bit lame...

What have I done wrong? Has anyone had problem with these decals ever?

P.s.: The whole decal sheet is flat. Is that okay?

Normally, if these work at all like the Archer raised rivets or the Micro-mark ones, I never have had to use mr surfacer to get the rivets to stick but what I have done is treated them like normal decals and applied them on a slightly glossy surface (but not too glossy as to not get paint to stick), then applied Micro-sol, and then paint from there.

Normally, if these work at all like the Archer raised rivets or the Micro-mark ones, I never have had to use mr surfacer to get the rivets to stick but what I have done is treated them like normal decals and applied them on a slightly glossy surface (but not too glossy as to not get paint to stick), then applied Micro-sol, and then paint from there.

So you basicly did what I did. I have made some pictures about this test model (an old Italeri He 111 with positiv panellines). The rivets are only visible from a particular angel, and as you can see there is no lifting.

I want to get this effect: http://www.hgwmodels.cz/no-9/ How did thay do this?! :frantic:

745057669DSC00087_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

585538523DSC00088_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Edited by Lapidus

Are those pics of a 72nd scale model with same scale rivets?

Yes it's a 1/72 Heinkel He 111 H6 (Italeri no. 121) with HGW 721002 silver rivets.

And it's an interesting fact that i have found a HGW 481001 riveting set for 1/48 Fw 190 F/A-8 and the spaces between the dots are the same! Only the size of the rivets are a bit different. Maybe i have got a bad rivet sheet?

p.s.: I have written an e-mail to HGW before I started posting in this topic and I haven't got any answer yet.

I still hope, that I can use these sheets somehow!

Yes it's a 1/72 Heinkel He 111 H6 (Italeri no. 121) with HGW 721002 silver rivets.

And it's an interesting fact that i have found a HGW 481001 riveting set for 1/48 Fw 190 F/A-8 and the spaces between the dots are the same! Only the size of the rivets are a bit different. Maybe i have got a bad rivet sheet?

p.s.: I have written an e-mail to HGW before I started posting in this topic and I haven't got any answer yet.

I still hope, that I can use these sheets somehow!

Hi again,

as I let you know in our e-mail communication, we are going to dispatch you another set with some sample of applied rivets (from the same sheet we are sending you). Just one question: Are results from both sets you bought from us same as on your picture?

Sorry for complication, be sure we will solve this trouble for your satisfaction in the first place.

Best regards

Jan Bobek

HGW

Hi again,

as I let you know in our e-mail communication, we are going to dispatch you another set with some sample of applied rivets (from the same sheet we are sending you). Just one question: Are results from both sets you bought from us same as on your picture?

Sorry for complication, be sure we will solve this trouble for your satisfaction in the first place.

Best regards

Jan Bobek

HGW

Hi!

Yes, I used only on sheet yet. And on the edge of the sheet there was a really thin line of your rivet material, which I applied to the surface to, and that one made a fine positive detail. I will use the other sheet to see if there was something wrong with the first one!

I'm glad that you contacted me and thank you for your help!

Bence Kádas