What would you like to see from EMD?

Derek B

Derek, now that Ive seen Tigers thread about a forthcoming T .10, Im all hyped up............was REALLY exited at first, thinking he was making a conversion for sale, but alas no. :(

I dont remember where this one left off either, what was the conclusion on the feasibility of a 1/32 Harrier T. 10 conversion?

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Brian,

AFAIK, Heritage Aviation Models are in the process of developing a T.10 conversion for the Trumpeter kit - which is why I have dropped the idea of doing it. However, I still have the Revell Harrier GR.1 kit to work with (another one of those 'irons in the fire');) .

Cheers

Derek

Lets try this...

Deep pod-http://www.es.northropgrumman.com/solutions/alq131/

Shallow pod-http://www.es.northropgrumman.com/solutions/alq131/assets/ALQ131.pdf

Let me know if this helps Derek...........Harv

could the mods please make the links work? I can't

I shall try Harv - Thanks.

Derek

Derek, as a side note, if the ALQ 131 does come, it will need the pylon also. Should be pretty straight forward, looks about 5" tall(I think)......Harv

Derek, as a side note, if the ALQ 131 does come, it will need the pylon also. Should be pretty straight forward, looks about 5" tall(I think)......Harv

Hi Harv,

I have had a quick look at the pylon, which looks to be specific to the F-16 only (most AN/ALQ-131's appear to be mounted directly onto other existing aircraft wing or fuselage pylons). I do not have the latest viper kit, and am unlikely to be able to afford one, so I do not know if this pylon position is already represented on the kit. if it is, I could do with some size and positioning dimensions in order to ensure that the ECM Pod and pylon will fit any existing kit mount/pylon.

As for the pod itself, I still need to see what the 'shallow' version looks like in comparison to the 'deep' item (which I have seen). Does anyone make the ALQ-131 (deep pod) in 1/32 already?

The good news is that it looks pretty straight forward to make, so if I can find the detailed technical information and drawings needed to get it right, then I could produce both ALQ-131 variants?

Thanks

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Derek, I have a very good copy of the deep pod. If you like I can send it to you to use. It appears to me, the only diff. is that the shallow bottom is just bellow the side pannel line as the deep one is about 5-10" space lower from pannel line.I don't know the differance between the Academy kit and Tamiya, but I do have the Academy kit and maybe I can get pics and dementions from it and send....Harv

Derek, I have a very good copy of the deep pod. If you like I can send it to you to use. It appears to me, the only diff. is that the shallow bottom is just bellow the side pannel line as the deep one is about 5-10" space lower from pannel line.I don't know the differance between the Academy kit and Tamiya, but I do have the Academy kit and maybe I can get pics and dementions from it and send....Harv

Thanks Harv - your offer may save me a lot of time - PM me. Is there a need for both types to be produced as AM goodies?...If so, I will do both types (I have just started my zillienth reference file for them!:) ).

Cheers

Derek

I thought so - Thanks Dave. IIRC, I seem to recall that the Hurricane tanks had a capacity of something like 44 gals?...close enough I suppose!

That Brengun 1/48 tank looks pretty sweet, but the rear mounting looks suspect to me? (both the earlier Spitfire photographs and sketch drawing show the quite clearly that the three slipper tank mounting points are used to secure the tank to the airframe).

My next EMD release will be the Spitfire centre line Mk.III universal bomb carrier, which utilises the slipper tank mounting points (I include the two forward ones as part of the set - they work in an idetical fashion to the full size mount). It would be straight forward for me to use these for the tank as well, so I will most likely make one of these.

Cheers

Derek

Thanks Derek,

Thats great news! I have a couple of 485 Squadron Spitfires that I want to do, I was waiting to see if you did the bomb carrier, but with news of doing a tank too... I will should pick up a half a dozen or so!

Thanks Harv - your offer may save me a lot of time - PM me. Is there a need for both types to be produced as AM goodies?...If so, I will do both types (I have just started my zillienth reference file for them!:) ).

Cheers

Derek

PM inbound. I'm not sure about the deep one. Like I said, flightpath makes one, not sure who else, Quickboost maybe? But the shallow for sure. There are NONE on the market......Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Derek,

Thats great news! I have a couple of 485 Squadron Spitfires that I want to do, I was waiting to see if you did the bomb carrier, but with news of doing a tank too... I will should pick up a half a dozen or so!

OK Dave, it's on my list :)

Cheers

Derek

PM inbound. I'm not sure about the deep one. Like I said, flightpath makes one, not sure who else, Quickboost maybe? But the shallow for sure. There are NONE on the market......Harv :popcorn:

Hi Harv - return PM sent. I have seen pictures of the Flight Path ALQ-131. It looks nice and has some very nice PE with it too. However, it may be a little too complex and expensive with the PE...I could make a single piece pod at a lower cost. I am not aware of the Quick Boost item, so I shall need to check it out (I may have to concentrate on the shallow pod only?).

Thanks

Derek