Ceiling Queen B-17G

LSP_K2

Feeling in a painting mood this evening, I decided to further "Skank up" the wing bottoms; between this, and oil paint grunge to be added, I think it"ll look OK. Since it"s a ceiling queen, most of my attention will be spent on the bottom. Look alright?

101111002.jpg

Amongst the many B-17 references I own, this book is the most recent, purchased roughly a year ago. For the last week I've been scurrying around here looking for it, and it was nowhere to be found; I discovered it this morning "hiding" under a small pile of books right here in the bedroom. I have to say,… I feel rather silly.

B-17 At War

Kevin

That looks fantastic..way to go...

Thanks. Unfortunately I did precious little on the Fortress tonight save for weathering up the inboard engine supercharger ducts. I also finally saw the deep sink mark in the upper one that needs to be corrected.

101511012.jpg

Kevin

The weatheirng has taken well and looks good to ME...sorry that you have to sort that other little glitch out but this

thread has been fadcinating and not boring at all...Good work Sir

:)

Thanks for that. I anticipate the painting process on the fuselage will commence Saturday night. In the meanwhile, various glass panels are still being polished. Several pieces have intentionally been left out to allow for damp Q-Tips to be inserted for removal of sanding dust, as well as access for compressed air to be blown in for the same reason.

1019112.jpg

• 5 months later...

I think it's about time to get this one off my bench (and delivered to my buddy), so I'll be working on this almost exclusively for the next two weeks or so. Tonight I finished prepping the fuselage (including relocating the three lights aft of ball turret), polished up the rest of the windows, added nose glass, and shot the first coat of neutral gray.

032412001-1.jpg

Kevin, it looks fantastic! Some very nice effects by your airbrushing. I think the bottom of the wings look great. I have one of these beasties on my bench right now as well, although it's the ProModeler boxing. 99.9% the same kit. Mine will be NMF, but with 3 more in the stash, the next one will most likely be OD/NG!

Keep the pics coming!

John

Kevin, it looks fantastic! Some very nice effects by your airbrushing. I think the bottom of the wings look great. I have one of these beasties on my bench right now as well, although it's the ProModeler boxing. 99.9% the same kit. Mine will be NMF, but with 3 more in the stash, the next one will most likely be OD/NG!

Keep the pics coming!

John

I've got another also, as well as a lot of AM guts for it. I was considering doing it as a cutaway 50/50 airframe, with one half OD over Gray, and the other half natural metal.

I've got another also, as well as a lot of AM guts for it. I was considering doing it as a cutaway 50/50 airframe, with one half OD over Gray, and the other half natural metal.

Sounds like a plan! Yeah, I have the True Details sets and actually prepped them for my current build, but decided not to use 'em.......yet. There's a TON of resin in those sets, but to be honest, I'm at the point to where if it can't be seen once built, why in the h-e-double toothpicks bother? Ya know? For something like you have planned, heck yeah.....they'd fit the ticket, but at least for now, my resin is sitting in a lonely box. :tumble:

John

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

have you scribe it?how will you regain the lost detail after sanding?

If this question was for me, I'm not rescribing it at all, as it's just a ceiling queen, and much visual trickery can be easily accomplished with paint, which is much easier, and faster.

................... it's just a ceiling queen, and much visual trickery can be easily accomplished with paint, which is much easier, and faster.

HaHA! I like that....................."visual trickery"

Good description for my current build, since it will be hanging from the ceiling of my man cave, never to see a contest......

• 2 months later...